Saturday, March 6, 2010

What We've Been Up To

I know, I've been pretty slack on my updates lately. I actually feel like I've had no time to type out a decent blog lately.

Ok, so in the last week or so...

We Brad decided to build a patio.
Honestly, we really did need one. The only thing we had in our back yard was a stoop (or an extremely small deck). There's really not much else to call it. We haven't been able to enjoy our back yard as much yet, which is a shame, because it's a pretty good sized yard. Brad had been going back and forth between a deck or patio. He did the math and figured this was the  best idea.

Ok, so how hot is it that I have a hubby that can build his own patio, and it actually look awesome. We had our buddy who does concrete patios come and look at it, and he was impressed. The actual patio is complete, but we're not done yet. I have some decorating to do now! I'll post the final result once it's finished, but here's a sample:


The pups approve.

Fortunately, Brad finished the patio, just in time for...



Yep. More snow!
Noah and I had actually gone to the store that morning, trying to beat the snow. I mean, I needed my milk and bread!! j/k. I did need milk, though. I was a little disappointed, to tell you the truth. All of my crazy fellow Southerners didn't show. The store was pretty empty. That must be what happens when it's like the 5th snow of the month. People aren't as excited/insane as they were the first couple of times.

Anyway, we were walking out of Target, and the snow was coming down like crazy. As I was trying to hurry to the car, I glanced at Noah, who was in his the grocery cart (don't worry, I have a cover for the seat... those things are just crawling with germs). He was watching the snow whoosh around him, and he had his tongue sticking out, trying to lick it. I really wish I'd had a camera.

We spent most of the next couple of days indoors. Last time I ransacked my mom's attic for my old toys, I came across one of my favorites. I decided to pull it out and see if Noah was interested. He loves it. Just goes to show you some toys are classics.

This is Noah's "thinking face":

Today, Noah turned 7 months old. We celebrated by going to a baby shower! :) My cousin David and his wife are expecting a baby girl, and they had a couples' shower. It was fun, and Noah got to meet some of his aunts, cousins, and other relatives. He was mostly happy to hang out with his Aunt Madison. She had on a bright yellow and blue floral top, and Noah thought it was really cool.


Isn't he the cutest???



3 comments:

Charbelle said...

He's such a doll!!! That patio looks awesome!! I think we're done with the snow, spring should be here in another week, whoohoo!!!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Nice Patio! Good work Brad! Where does he have the free time to do this!?!?! Dang you're good! I can't believe Noah is 7 months! I forget that he is 3 months older than Brinley. He is going to be walkng before you know it!! Scary!!!!!

Dani In NC said...

We could see Brad working on the patio from our bathroom window. ABM was rather impressed. I'll guess we'll have to spend more time in our back yard before you guys make us look bad :-).