Can I just say that health insurance companies get on my nerves?
I'm very thankful to have it, because we'd be in big trouble without. But still...
As you know, we were told that Noah was going to need a cranial band (aka "baby helmet") at his 4 month checkup. He's now 7 months old. And we still don't have it.
To make a long story very short, we're having to pay for it ourselves. Thank goodness we're not going with Cranial Tech. Even though they're supposed to be the best of the best, they would've cost us $3800 just for the helmet. Yep. We could buy a lot of nice stuff for that amount. Instead, we're selling on of our cars and using the money to pay for Noah's helmet from the just-as-good prosthetic place. This will cost us less than half of what Cranial Tech would've charged.
Insurance sent us a letter okay-ing the Cranial Tech people (except they'd be considered out-of-network), then they denied coverage for the less expensive place... which they referred us to. ???
So to sum up, we're filing an appeal with our insurance company (letters of severity from the doctors included), hoping that they'll realize they're being stupid and pay us back.
If not, it's ok. We'll be fine. It's just super annoying that it's taken this long to get to this point.
Unfortunately, this means he might have to wear it longer, since his head is less "pliable". The plus side... we went for a second head scan yesterday, and while his head has grown in the last almost 4 weeks, it has grown length-wise and not width (which means his head is getting rounder and not flatter). So a big yay for that. Fortunately, Noah doesn't seem to mind hats, so hopefully, this won't be too bad for him. I hate that he has to have it, but he'll be the cutest little helmet baby ever.
On another note... he's now 25 lbs. We haven't measured his length, but he's a tall little guy too. He definitely is longer than my upper body. He's awfully heavy, but he's just so darn giggly and cute, that all I want to do is swoop him up and carry him everywhere!
Maybe this means I'll look awesome by my cousin's wedding in May. Let's hope!
1 comment:
Well at least Noah doesn't need glasses too! I saw a boy today in Walmart with a clear helmet with glasses...I felt so bad for him! I can't believe how expensive those helmets are!! That is crazy!
We started rice cereal today and I don't think Brinley knew what was going on! lol
Post a Comment