Friday, April 9, 2010

poor Brad

My sweet husband sometimes tends to get the raw end of the deal. Ok, more than sometimes.

For example, when he went on a fun rafting trip with his family, he shared a raft with his older sister who has zero experience with it, along with a few of his neices and nephews. Somehow, what was meant to be a fun little outing turned into a "you're not listening to me" type of deal, and he ended up getting thrown out of the raft, onto a rock, and getting a ginormous bruise on his shin, which never actually went away.

I mean, nevermind the heart problems, health issues, people stealing from him, inlaws messing up his car, sisters accidentally running into his car, getting treated like crap at work, getting peed on in church, and unraveling some of the messes I tend to make. It's always baffled me, actually, how someone who is so level-headed and smart about life seems to get crapped on so often... and in the weirdest ways.

The other day, he went fishing up in the mountains with his dad and nephew Kalyb after work. Brad enjoys getting out there, but he mainly does it for his dad. He likes to spend time with him, and he knows it means a lot to him. They had a good time.
They left early enough for Brad to stop by and pick us up a couple of movies to watch, since it was his night off. On the way home, his tire completely blew out. I mean, to shreds. Like you see on those semi-truck tires that blow up. He almost flipped his car, but managed to get over to safety. It's now 9:30ish at night on the new stretch of I-485. It's dark. And guess what else... his cell phone died.
So he proceeds to change his tire. He has those little orange triangle things to put out, so that people will know he's there and move over.

Yeah, they ignored it. Sure, there are three lanes of empty highway, but the drivers obviously thought it was too inconvenient to move a little. This made Brad so frustrated that he took the orange thingies and threw them at the cars passing by.

Ok, so maybe not one of Brad's highlight moments. I couldn't help but laugh. At the time, I'm sure it wasn't funny, but all I could picture was some angry lunatic throwing stuff out into the highway.
Anyways, he got home safely... a little annoyed, but safe.

1 comment:

Charbelle said...

I think I would have felt the same way about the people not slowing down or moving over. I always try to move over when I see vehicles on the side of the road!