We've had house guests for over a week now. After I dropped Chase off Monday morning, Brad's brother Ben came Tuesday night.
We haven't seen him in three years. It's kind of sad that it took a funeral to bring us all together again, but it was still nice to see him. I hate the rest of his family couldn't come, but hopefully soon!
Lately, he's been considering moving back. He has a good business opportunity, but I'm not sure he's totally sold on the idea yet.
From what he told us, Utah is better and smarter, has fewer trees/bugs, more Mormons, fewer "born agains" (as he calls us), less crime, better road systems, better fences, etc etc etc.
And that's all fine and good, but we've got something that they don't..... Waffle House. I'm sorry, but I can't live in a world where Waffle House isn't on every exit.
So Ben, you can keep your yards without trees. I'll take my eggs with a side of Bible thumpin please. :)
I've also come to realize that it doesn't matter how old they get, brothers are always going to act like brothers. Ben kept giving Brad a hard time about his fence. Apparently, he wasn't doing it right and wanted him to tear it all down and start over. Brad would get mad, tell him he didn't know what he was talking about, and banish him from working on it. He also wouldn't let Ben use the nail gun. Or a hammer. Or anything really. This situation played out about 4 times I think. I've never seen anyone get fired from a volunteer job that many times. It was pretty entertaining.
Also last week, something happened to my husband. I'm not sure what. He approached me last Wednesday morning, while I was getting ready, and asked me, "Do you want to go get your camera today?"
Now, he knows what camera I've been wanting. I've been dying for a dslr for awhile now, but they've always been out of our price range. I had even tried convincing him that with the camera, we wouldn't have to pay for a pro to take Noah's pics anymore. And really, the only type of "pro" shots we could afford were the cheesy, artificial lighting kind. I wasn't sure if I'd heard him correctly when he offered to take me shopping.
So while Ben was at a meeting, Brad took Noah and I to buy a new camera.
And I think I'm in love. Not only with the camera but with Brad. Yes, I know I'm being shallow and materialistic and he just bought my love, but I don't care. I've been so darn happy over this. It only took me a couple of days to take 1000 pictures.... mostly of Noah.
And here are a few of the pictures I've taken. I'm still learning, but I think I'm starting to figure it out.
Dodger
Flash
Bathtime!
His thinking face
5 comments:
Thanks for letting Ben stay at your house!
That fence story is hilarious! That is so how they are. When I was there few years ago and they were building the deck at their dad's house one of them would come inside mad and frustrated about every 15 minutes then get over it and go back out. They all thought they were right. So funny!
Oh, and the pictures with your new camera look great!!
Your new camera takes fabulous pictures!!! Too funny about the volunteer being fired!!!
Girly it sounds like gifts might be one of your love languages, it doesn't matter how big or small just that there was thought. It's not shallow! Yay for new toys/cameras!!!
What'dja get? You know the photog in me HAS to know what you're shooting.
:)
You'd be proud... Nikon D3000. :)
I'm not a photographer but I can always tell when I look at a blog whether the pics have been taken with a good camera and buy a person with a little skill. Yours look great!
Post a Comment