Ok, now that Noah isn't frantically sobbing anymore, I'll do a quick weekend recap.
As I mentioned in my Flashback Friday post, I went to my friend Michelle's bridal shower on Friday night. I had a great time, but I totally forgot my camera. I was so disappointed. I was just in such a huge rush when I left. Noah was a little fussy (turns out, tooth #7 has made an appearance). Also, as it turns out, he's afraid of curlers. This obviously makes it a tad difficult when trying to get ready. I'm sure we're a sight... me half dressed, trying to console my crying baby, which of course continues to be wary of the curlers in my hair. I was really relying on Brad to get home in plenty of time to help me with Noah. Target had different plans.
Anyway, he didn't get home when we thought he would.
I still made it to the party on time. Actually, I arrived at the same time my friends (and former coworkers) did. It was so fun being a part of Michelle's special night. Her sisters are in town, and I adore them. They're so sweet and fun, yet they're all so different. One is very outgoing, likes to talk a lot, is a democrat, and I think is Catholic maybe? The other is definitely friendly but more reserved, very sweet, is republican, and is Mormon. Then there's Michelle who is a mixture of the two, except she goes to a very contemporary Christian church. Told ya. All very different.
It was also nice to catch up with my friends. My former boss came to the shower too, and it was nice to see her too. She has a one year old, so we swapped baby stories and tips. Saturday, our neighbors Doug and Laurina, had a yard sale. Doug is being relocated, which has made us very sad. They're such an awesome family, and we hate to see them go. We know the Lord has great things in store for them, but it still stinks. Anyway, we found a few things for Noah. While Brad and I looked around, Noah sat in his wagon in the garage with Doug and baby Allie. Somehow, the longer he sat there, the more things magically ended up in his wagon. So yes, we paid for a couple of shirts for him and a My Pal Scout toy (for $5!), but went home with a hat, a Leap Frog reading book thing, and Curious George. Thanks, guys! Noah loves his stuff! :)
Our other neighbors across the street also had a yard sale that morning (to help attract more traffic for D&L), so we did our neighborly duty and visited theirs as well. And we now have a semi-new Kenmore stereo system, speakers included, for $20.
I'm starting to see why yard sales are so popular!
That evening, we had our friends Jim and Jessica over for dinner, along with their daughter Alice. Alice will be two this summer (which is kinda hard to believe). We let them play in the pool, and they seemed to have a good time... except for the part where Alice knocked Noah into the water. He's fine. I was right there with him. Poor Alice. I think Noah is just a little too boring for her right now. Give him a couple more months and he might be able to keep up a little better. :)
We grilled out, and it was nice to hang out with them again. Jim has a crazy schedule like Brad, so it takes awhile to get us all together.
Sunday night, Madison came to spend the night with us. She's such a big help! I can get twice as much accomplished with her around to occupy Noah. She loves spending time with him, and I'm thankful to be able to take a shower without trying to shove a bouncy contraption in the bathroom.
reading one of his favorite books "The Animals of Farmer Jones"
with Madison




2 comments:
sounds like such a fun weekend!!
Such cute babies!!
Keira is teething right now too. It's no fun!!
Post a Comment