A few months ago, I had his routine down perfectly. He would get a bath, then I would give him a bottle before bedtime, put him in his crib, and after a few minutes of talking, he was out.
Then he got his helmet...
I went against my better judgement and started giving him a bottle, as he was falling asleep in his crib. I was trying to help him sleep with his helmet, since I knew it would be weird for him at first. Yeah, I've messed up. Now he wants a bottle every time he goes to bed.
I'm doing my best to break this cycle, especially since he's supposed to be off of formula by his first birthday. But he doesn't just scream, he cries... as if he's just been completely abandoned and had his heart totally crushed. Ugh.
And then I second guess myself... what if he's still hungry? What if he's not really that tired yet?
And the times that he does cry himself to sleep, he wakes up crying, like he remembers or something. If I let him fall asleep with a bottle, he wakes up happy and playful.
So I cave. And find myself with my cutiepie spinning around and around on his bottom, all smiles and silliness, on the floor next to me as I type this.
If he wasn't so cute, maybe it wouldn't be so hard. Seriously, how do you let such a happy little guy be so sad?
Yep. I'm whipped.

1 comment:
awwww he's so sweet!!!!
Post a Comment