Friday, June 11, 2010

Flashback Friday

Tonight I'm going to a bridal shower for one of my sweetest friends, Michelle.

I met Michelle when I started working at The Jewel Box. She was hired a couple of weeks before I was, and we became friends quickly. I was always so excited when I was scheduled to work with her. She was sweet and fun, and we worked well together.

At our first JB Christmas Party
(Michelle is in the middle next to me)

As the years went on, she went off to college, I graduated from mine, and even though we weren't working together anymore, we stayed in touch. It helped that her mom and I worked together too. She was actually one of my bridesmaids in my wedding. It's been fun having her as a friend. She's one of the good ones, and even though we don't see eachother as often as I'd like, she's still one of my favorites.


In the last few years, I've gotten to watch her go from high school, to college, then graduation, to becoming a career woman, and now she's engaged (to one of Brad's high school buddies, actually)! Danny is a really great guy, and I'm so happy they're tying the knot!


Congrats guys!!

3 comments:

Charbelle said...

It makes time fly by when your coworkers become your really good friends and then you get scheduled to work with them. I have a few previous coworkers who I have kept in touch with and they are still good friends, although I don't see them as often as I would like!
Now that she's marrying one of Brad's high school buddies maybe ya'll can double date!
She's going to be a beautiful bride!!

Jess said...

I love how my sister in law is in that first picture. haha! I'd totally forgotten that Laura had worked at the JB.

Charbelle said...

I forgot to send you a message on FB to check about meeting up today. Let me know one way or another. I have the clothes and shoes with me so if today doesn't work I'll have them with me for when it does work :)