Thursday, June 10, 2010

update

Brad came home early from work yesterday, and we took him to a specialist. The sour candy wasn't working, and the swelling had gone down to his neck. lol. I know it's not funny... but it is. He was laughing about it too.
I told him I glad it happened to him and not me, mainly because I couldn't take his teasing. He made fun of himself all day, telling people he has "Jabba the Hut syndrome".

Turns out, this is actually a common issue. The Dr told him he was surprised they recommended sour candy, because that's usually what they use as a last resort (apparently it thins out your spit or something... I know, lovely). So they prescribed him an antibiotic and gave him a steroid shot.

The nurse came in, and told him the shot would be in his hip. My immediate thought was, "Isn't the hip a bone? Why would they give him a shot there?" As he stood there, holding his undies down a little, so she could get to his hip, she said, "No, I need you to turn around a little. It's further this way." And then I thought, "Ok, lady... that's not his hip. That's his rear end." Sure, it was higher up, but still, it was his butt.
She explained that it would pinch a little afterwards. Yeah, it was a pinch alright.
Brad was walking with a limp on the way out... which inspired him to do the infamous hunchback's, "Sanctuary! Sanctuary!" impression.

Poor guy.

Anyway, he woke up this morning and the swelling has gone down some. Hopefully, he'll be back to normal by this weekend.

3 comments:

Charbelle said...

sounds like how they have to do when they give you the penicilin shot for strep, ugh!! No fun!!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Poor Brad!!!

Ya when I had to get the RH shot when I was pregnant they said it would be on my "hip." Or...my BUTT! Ya, just tell me it will be on my bum and I wouldn't care.

We need to see you guys!

Dani In NC said...

The nurses I've gone to like to say "hip", too, when they mean "butt". Do they think we are afraid of the word? :-)