Brad had this weekend off. I already wrote about my Friday night fun. That night, our nephew Kalyb spent the night and helped Brad with the fence on Saturday.
I met up with my friend Stephanie for lunch. It was so good to see her. I brought Noah with me, and he likes Steph a lot. I know she reads this, so hey Stephanie! :)
I'm not sure what was going on with me on Saturday, but by the end of the night, I felt terrible. I was in bed by 9pm. I wasn't sick or anything. I just had a headache and was exhausted. I think it was just me not getting enough sleep for the last couple of weeks.
Anyway, Sunday we met up with my family (on my dad's side). It was our grandmother's (MamMam) 85th birthday. I know, we have a ton of grandmothers, all with confusing names. Poor Brad, with all the Mamaws and MomMoms and MeeMaws and MooMoos (just kidding), it took him awhile to get everyone straight. For those of you who went to Res (church), it's Hannah and Sarah's grandmother (my stepsisters). She's in a local nursing home... but really, this nursing home is awesome. They have flat screen TV's, a gorgeous garden, and wonderful nurses. My parents called and told them we were going to be grilling out, so they wheeled out a grill to the outdoor patio/garden area. They had a picnic table, but it was pretty hot so we ate inside.
This lady is a riot. Hannah and I were sitting with her, and she asked us, "Can you believe I'm 85?? That's a terrible age..." Of course, we responded with, "No it's not!" And she said, "Well, it ain't good!"
This is her conducting us while we sing "Happy Birthday". Her shirt (appropriate for Memorial Day) says, "Born in the USA... a long, long time ago"
She loved seeing Noah. She must've held him for like 30 minutes, and he didn't squirm at all. Hannah and Sarah both brought their dogs, ChipChip and Lux. So this is all of us with our babies...
And, of course, my dad was happy to see Noah too.
For Memorial Day, Brad took Noah and I shopping. I didn't find a dress yet, but I still have a couple more days. The reason he took me shopping is because I don't have any shorts. Or capris. And only one pair of jeans. Somehow when I packed away all of my normal bottoms last year (when I was pregnant and wouldn't be wearing them), they got lost. I've checked everywhere... closets, storage bins, the attic... they aren't anywhere. So frustrating. But a good excuse to go shopping! Unfortunately, I'd much rather shop for tops or dresses. What woman enjoys shopping for pants? It takes forever to find the perfect fit.
Anyway, we hit the Memorial Day sales, and I will no longer be running around in gym shorts and yoga pants.
I have the most awesome husband ever. Not only did he help me shop for shorts (and listen to me complain about how nothing fits right), he also rented us a couple of girly movies. We made some popcorn, hung out in our pj's, and watched movies last night.
I have the most awesome husband ever. Not only did he help me shop for shorts (and listen to me complain about how nothing fits right), he also rented us a couple of girly movies. We made some popcorn, hung out in our pj's, and watched movies last night.
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!




1 comment:
He's so sweet!! The picture of you with Hannah and Sarah and your babies is too precious!!
Seriously I know with Noah it might be hard but hit up TJ Maxx/Marshall's If I wasn't working every single night between now and Saturday I would totally offer to help out :) At one point I was even red cross certified!
Post a Comment