Monday, July 26, 2010

(Belated) Birthday Fun

As you can imagine, it's not always easy to work around Brad's weird work schedule when it comes to family events. So this weekend turned out to be his birthday weekend with my family. Saturday night, we celebrated at my mom's. We had a cookout, cake, and ice cream. It was fun hanging out with them, and Noah always enjoys getting to hang out with family. Although it's been blazing hot, it started cooling down a little after dinner, so we all took a short walk in our neighborhood. It made Brad and I really miss living there. We had so much fun growing up there. It really is the perfect neighborhood. Lots of trees, beautiful homes (I have to say that... my daddy built a bunch of them), and friendly people.

Last night, we went to my grandparents' for Brad's bday celebration. It was also my cousin Seth's 8th birthday, and (my cousin Nathan's new bride) Brittany's birthday. Noah loves going there. He gets so much attention. He's been such a mama's boy lately. I mean, I can hardly go to the bathroom without him reaching for me to take him too. If he goes to Brad, he immediately reaches back for me to hold him. I have to admit I really do like it, but it would be nice to give my arms a break every once in awhile. :)

Most little boys really aren't into babies, however Seth really likes to play with Noah whenever they're together.
Hmm... Noah's lima beans somehow made their way into the picture. Oops.


Blowing out their candles

My cousin Natilie with Zach and my uncle Kenny
We're anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby Easton. Natilie was nice enough
to provide Noah with a cousin his age to play with. :) She's due on my birthday (October 20)! I feel SO sorry for her. It's so HOT out, and I remember what it was like to be pregnant in the summer. Not fun.

Brad's been applying for new jobs, so pray that he starts getting calls soon! His goal is to be out by Christmas. Yeah, I know; it's a stretch considering the job market. But we're choosing not to trust in the job market and to trust in the Lord instead. Makes it much less intimidating to realize He can send Brad the right job at the right time. That trust thing, though... it's a challenge, isn't it?

On a totally unrelated note... something I won't be telling the pediatrician this month: Noah is enthralled with Curious George and Between the Lions. Does this make me a bad mom? He wasn't supposed to watch tv until he's 2... but really, is that even possible?? It's not like he's stuck in front of it all day long. I mean, I have to update my blog and check facebook somehow, don't I?? :) Totally kidding. Kinda.

2 comments:

Charbelle said...

That trust thing is very hard!! Sounds like such a great weekend!!
I think the little bit of television is not going to hurt him, at all!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

CUTE pictures. Don't feel guilty. We asked Henry's therapists about TV and she said some TV is actually good. There are a lot of educational programs on NickJR. I think Henry learned his alphabet from SuperWhy and to count to 10 from The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!!

Plus when it's 100 degrees outside a little TV here and there is a nice way to get them to relax for a half hour...This is how I feel about it. :-)