They have a new Pandora store, which if you're not familiar, it's a jewelry line mainly popular for their charm bracelets. I fell in love with them a long time ago when they first came out, because The Jewel Box started selling them. So we went in to see if they'd come out with anything new.
Brad helped me pick out some charms that would represent Noah and his first birthday. I already have plenty of charms from when he was born. These two are my favorite:
These were the ones I had a hard time deciding between:
The cupcake
"The Key to My Heart"
Brad said he should hold the key to my heart,
so he should buy this one for me for another time.
See, he can be a softy sometimes. :)
Brad kept trying to tell me that Noah's birthday is also my day as well, since I'm the one that had him. As sweet as that was, I told him not to bother getting me anything for Noah's birthday. It's just a waste of money. I'd rather spend it on Noah and his party. But it was still a lot of fun to look.
We also stopped by the Godiva store, which may just possibly be my favorite store in the whole darn mall. How sad is that? Wanna know something even sadder? I have a membership card... which means I get a free chocolate every month. Fortunately, I'm never around a store often enough to take advantage of it. But it's so worth it whenever I do stop in. We got a couple of truffles (the dark chocolate is my fav) and walked around some more.
Noah loved getting out. He loved squealing in the food court and hearing his voice echo. He also loved all of the attention he gets. He's turning into a BIG flirt. He grins and bats his eyes, and he's learning to wave now. Anytime anyone says hello, he just gives them a big smile, and he gets an immediate, "Ooooooh loook! He's smiiiling!!!" lol. It never fails. And he just eats it up.
He's been a very busy boy lately. I think all of the visitors we've had over the summer have made our normal life seem boring now. He's always wanting to go somewhere. How do I know? He asks to be picked up, then proceeds to reach for whatever direction he wants me to go. He will eventually lead me to the front or back door. Seriously, he even reaches for the doorknob. It's just been too darn hot out to take him out. I have to wait until almost 9pm for it to even be tolerable out. Of course, his bedtime lately has been around 11pm. He's a regular party animal.
Last night though? We finally wore him out. He was out before 10pm. :)
I forgot to mention our changing table mishap a couple of weeks ago. Want to know what happens when you have an extra chubby baby?
Yep. He almost went right through. I'm thinking I might have to go by a flea market or something and find a nice, sturdy dresser to use instead. Until then, this is Noah's new changing station:







2 comments:
I, too, have a Godiva membership card. It may signal my lameness but FREE CHOCOLATE, so whatever.
Gabe broke his changing table too. Worse that that, actually. And when he fell? His big head got stuck. Had to use a half a bottle of baby lotion to unstuck his head.
You went to the Godiva store and didn't bring me back anything? Some neighbor you are :-). It's just as well. I want to still be able to fit into my bathing suit when we go on vacay!
ABM and I gave up on dates a long time ago. Squeeze in as many as you can now before you have a houseful of kids like us.
Post a Comment