Friday, July 16, 2010

Flashback Friday: Summertime Pregnancy

This picture was taken almost a year ago from today. I think it's off by two days. I don't think I was preeclamptic yet, but I do remember feeling miserably hot and huge. Who knew a belly could stretch that much?? It's mind-boggling.

It was taken at my sweet friend Anna's baby shower. We were only 6 weeks apart. Throughout the pregnancy, we would periodically message eachother with our pregnancy woes and horror stories: the stretch marks, the swelling, the back pain, the lack of sleep. It was nice knowing I wasn't the only girl having pregnancy issues. It made me feel less alone.
Today, I think we'd both gladly tell you we'd do it all over again to have our little guys. I had Noah, and she had Jonah. I wish they lived closer, so our boys could be buddies. Maybe one day. :)

Love you, Anna!

5 comments:

Charbelle said...

pregnant or not pregnant ya'll are so pretty!!!

Anna said...

Love you, too, Hailey!!!! I can't believe our stomachs:) I didn't realize mine was that big then. If it is any comfort, mine is almost bigger than yours, and I was 6 weeks behind!!!!

said...

Hi there! New to your blog. I love the pictures along side the right side of your blog that date back to when you and your husband first got together! Your baby is so adorable. I have a 6 month old daughter and just love being a mommy, as I'm sure you do too! Happy summer to you and your family!

Elisabeth said...

I was just thinking about this the other day!!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

You look so cute pregnant! And your belly wasn't that big. You looked perfect. :-)