Thursday, July 29, 2010

Yesterday


Oh. my. goodness. gracious.

I know I've said it before, but seriously, Paul McCartney always puts on the BEST concerts. The last time I went to see him, I was still in college at UNCG back in 2002. I can't believe it's been 8 years. Crazy.

Anyway, if you clicked on the link, you will have already read that the first time I went, my dad took me for a birthday present. It's so funny how I really had no idea about money or how much those tickets must've cost him (not to sound snotty... I was just clueless to life). We walked into the concert, and as we walked down to the first level, I simply said, "Wow, these are some really good seats..." But we kept walking, until we finally got to the floor level. We were like 10 freakin rows back. I could literally see his face. Sweat and all. So awesome. Hands down, one of the best experiences of my life (obviously my wedding and Noah have to top Paul... sorry, Paul).

This experience was a tad different. I couldn't quite afford $1000 tickets. I ran out of cars to sell. (Although, I do have a nice Cadillac collecting dust in my driveway right now... just kidding, Ben)
We were up in the nosebleed section. You know. Where the measly $100 seats are. It really wasn't too bad. We (obviously) could see the whole stage, and they had big screens.
He is absolutely phenomenal. It really is pretty awe-inspiring to think about the fact that you're breathing in the same air as a BEATLE. One of the people that helped change music forever. The same guy that played at Shea Stadium, hung out with people like Elvis and Jimi Hendrix, and co wrote (and wrote) some of the most recognizable and genius songs of all time. It's pretty surreal.
I think Brad loved it almost as much as I did.
The set list included old songs (Eleanor Rigby, Get Back, And I Love Her), Wings songs (Jet, Band on the Run, Live and Let Die), and new songs (check out Highway on his new album).

I would also like to say that I really hope I'm in that good of shape when I'm in my 60's. The man sang for 3 hours, stopping only to tell a story once in awhile. The first time he bowed and left the stage, Brad asked me, "Is it over?" My response: "Not until the lights come on."
He did three encores. He danced, joked around, and played guitar and piano all night. He looks great for his age. Must be that vegetarian diet.

(totally going Meatless Mondays from now on. Geez, I'm such a groupie
...um, the less trashy kind...)

Brad was worried about Paul's health after I mentioned the fact that he's about the same age as Brad's dad. He got concerned that Paul needed to go to bed. He's so darn cute sometimes.

Us at the concert
(sorry it's so dark. we took it with his phone.)

So if Paul McCartney ever comes to your town, even if you're not a total diehard fan, do yourself a favor and GO (*ahem* Katie). It's so worth it. I promise, he will not disappoint.

2 comments:

Charbelle said...

Yay!!!! So glad ya'll had fun!!!

Dani In NC said...

PLEASE do not mention to M that you went to see Paul McCartney. She has just gotten into The Beatles and I don't want to listen to her whine about what a bad mom I am for not skipping my cable bill to take her :-).