Monday, August 16, 2010

Babies in Blue

I would just like to take a moment and say how much I love baby showers! I thought bridal showers were fun, but I really think the babies win on this one.
I mean, it's all nice and everything to see a pretty piece of china, but you can only get so excited over a toaster.

But everyone gets all "aawwww"ish and giggly over tiny socks and smocked onesies. Everything is so little and soft and pastel colored.

Well this past Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending my friend Meghan's baby shower. Apparently, God's been busy handing out the boys lately. They'll be having little James Jackson ("Jack") before too long, and it was so exciting getting to see her again before he arrives.

(btw, my camera battery died right before the shower, so these are all courtesy of my friend Anna)

the hostesses Stephanie and Anna with the gorgeous mama-to-be

these were the invitations (and the theme)... Anna made them. I love little elephants.

{I thought this was the coolest idea! her sister (to the left) made this out of Scrabble pieces!}

Another long-awaited event took place while we were there... Noah and Jonah finally got to meet!! (um... outside of our bellies). They were so cute together. Noah's never really "played" with any other babies. We're total snobs that way. No, totally kidding.

Like I said, they were absolutely adorable. At one point, Jonah was sitting on someone's lap several chairs over. He kept reaching for the person next to him until he had finally made his way back to Noah. Once he made it, he got all smiley and silly. It was pretty hilarious. Noah watched Jonah like he was the most awesomest thing he'd ever seen. Jonah has a little blanket with knots all over it (aka "Mr Knots"). He left it on the floor during the shower. Noah found it, saw Jonah nearby, and handed it back to him. I was so proud (we've been working on the sharing thing... yeah, we'll see how well it works when he's 2).
They seemed to have a great time playing.

(oh, I forgot to mention, they're only about 6 weeks apart... my baby is huge.)

(Noah making sure Jonah doesn't fall)

aren't they cute?

It was such a sweet shower, and it was great to see everyone again. It's weird to have known all these girls since we were in like kindergarten, and now we're all showing up to baby showers with babies of our own. So crazy. But a good crazy. Our other friend, Anna, came with her baby Isabel in tow. She's only a few weeks old, and she was amazing. Noah would've been a mess at that stage. Isabel fell asleep in her little carrier and was an angel.


Congrats, Meghan! Can't wait to see the little guy!

2 comments:

Charbelle said...

I can't really see the pictures yet, for whatever reason I have to wait til I get home. I did see them on FB and had the best time going through them. Noah and Jonah are just too cute!! That Melba cake (I don't think you mentioned in this post) but I do have to say I was SUPER jealous :)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Noah isn't that huge. We grow big babies too!! Nothing wrong with that. :-)

Super cute pictures. I love the one of Noah making sure his friend doesn't fall.

P.S. I tagged you on my blog.