Thursday, August 5, 2010

Party Preparations

Sorry, I've been a little MIA this week guys.
We're gearing up for Noah's 1st Birthday! So this obviously means lots of prep work.
My mom and little sister are coming over today to help Brad and I do a massive cleaning spree. Not that my home resembles something only fit for pigs and other barn animals... but with Noah on the move (and boy is he on the move), it's harder to keep up with the more in depth stuff. Things like vacuuming behind furniture and taking a magic eraser to the walls. I can typically only make it to the basic cleaning stuff right now. Because after I've emptied the dishwasher, I take a look around, and my entire kitchen has been destroyed by none other than Hurricane Noah. I've given him a fondue recipe book to look through. He's now taken the liberty of ripping out the recipes he doesn't approve of. It's no biggie, because we bought it on clearance and have never used it. However, I keep finding random scraps of paper with pictures of yummy looking dip all over my floors.
Last night, we were hanging out in the living room together. Noah pulled himself up onto the coffee table. He then proceeded to take all of the magazines off, along with the runner they were on, leaving a big heap of a mess on the floor. All we do is laugh about it. By the time the night was over, that pile was still there (had I put them back immediately, it would've turned into a fun game), along with toys, golf balls, a sippy cup, and kitchen utensils. Brad dared me to leave it that way until my mom came, just to see the look on her face. Of course, I couldn't. I wouldn't have slept well knowing I'd have all of that to welcome me in the morning.

Also, the only free time I have to blog right now is during his naps or after he goes to bed. Otherwise, he gets into trouble... which is actually pretty funny to me.
As I've been typing, he crawled underneath the desk, pulled the mouse down, and started clicking away, causing a few problems for my blogging. :)

I'll try to be back before the party (on Saturday). Hope everyone's having a great week!

2 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Aren't little boys fun? We ended up putting a baby gate to keep Henry out of the kitchen. There were too many things he got into. That was the best $80 we ever spent!!

Charbelle said...

I'm so excited for the PARTY!!!! I get to see him in action!! That's so sweet of your Mom and Madison to come over and help you!!