Sunday, August 1, 2010

weddings

Last night, we went to one of our childhood friend's wedding. Really, he's more of Brad's buddy. I hung out with him some, but they played together as kids, went to Tball practices together, sat across from eachother in elementary school, etc. Brad also knew the bride from elementary school. She brought her billy goats for show 'n tell. He included that in his toast to the couple. :)
It was such a sweet wedding. They have a similar story to Brad and I, where they met as kids. Andrew asked Wendy to be his girlfriend in third grade on the playground. When he proposed, he went back to the same playground. How sweet is that? They were so cute together, and you can tell that they're totally in love.

They had it at a place called Rockin K Ranch. Growing up, my family took me to their rodeos, tractor shows, etc... but I had no idea they did weddings! I guess they don't advertise it. It really fit their style, as a couple. It was held in the second story of the barn, complete with twinkling lights, wooden picnic tables, and country music.
Noah playing with the lights

(as I was rushing to help get us all ready, I somehow 
turned us into one of those families with coordinating outfits...)

Me and Noah
(this was the best one of us, but my hair looks a little funky?)

I'm a big sucker for weddings. I love everything about them... the flowers, the dresses, the cake. I used to want to be a wedding planner, but I think it'd be really stressful (especially with the bridezillas... or worse, their mothers!). Plus, I'd be gone every weekend.
Whenever we go to a pretty wedding, I tell Brad, "Let's do this the next time around..." And I said it again at this one. He always laughs at me and responds with, "How many times are we getting married?" Wouldn't it be fun (if money were no object of course) to get married again like every 5 or 10 years? Go pick out a completely different style dress, do your hair differently, have a fun theme, a huge party with all your friends and family you haven't seen in ages, and stand across from your sweetheart saying those vows again?
Don't get me wrong, I'm completely and utterly happy with the wedding we had. It was beautiful and romantic, and it fit our style so well. It's just fun to imagine how you'd do things if you'd had a beach wedding or a garden wedding... or a rustic barn style wedding! :)

I think these would be fun for a barn-style wedding, don't you? I mean, who cares that they're probably $10,000 dresses. Not me. :)


And maybe this one for a garden wedding?...

Anyways, enough dreaming. I've been watching too many "Say Yes to the Dress" episodes, apparently.

We had an awesome time, and I know Brad was happy to see Andrew and his family again. It seemed to mean a lot to them that he was there, and it was fun for them to meet little Noah.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! :)

7 comments:

team cowan said...

I am totally obsessed with Say Yes To The Dress. Don't you wish Randy was like, your best friend? I'm in love with him. And yes, I still look at wedding dresses and imagine doing our wedding totally different. There are so many cute ideas right now for fun weddings. I love it. But, I still love my $200 white prom dress turned into a wedding gown by my talented mother, and my brothers hanging the twinkle lights just the way I wanted them in the good old fashioned church gym. :)

Dani In NC said...

I am not the traditional gal. I can't stand weddings or anything to do with them. I didn't even want to be at my own wedding. I just wanted to get to the marriage already!

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

I am too!! lol. I love Randy!! And Keisha is my other favorite. She's so cute! Did you watch the Atlanta one yet? It's gonna be hard to beat the "Kleinfeld experience". :)

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Dani, why does that not surprise me? lol. ;)

Charbelle said...

I love weddings too!! I feel so lucky that I've helped so many brides find "the" dress!! I love SYTTD and I wish that I had cable just for that show and Keeping up with the Kardashians!
Ya'll looked so nicing, matching isn't a bad thing :)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Great pictures!! Those dresses are so pretty. I love weddings too.

You look pretty in that picture. Your hair is fine!! ;-)

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

haha, thanks hailey, motherhood's done a number on me, eh? :) thanks for your question. cant wait to see the answer!