Friday, September 10, 2010

5QF

My friend Lori does this "5 Questions Friday" that she gets from another blog she reads. I thought I'd participate this week. :)

My Little Life Rules for Five Question Friday: Same as always!! Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then c'mon back and link up.

1. Do you feel guilty spending money on yourself?
Very much so. Before Noah, I never thought twice, probably because I was working and bringing home some money. So the money I brought home, I didn't feel guilty buying myself something with it every now and then. But now?? Yeah. Huge guilt trip on myself. I can think of sooooo many things I need to buy myself (my shoes are all starting to look a little sad), but I don't. It's not just my money anymore. It's mine, Brad's, and Noah's. So I'll just go around rockin' the "mom look" a little longer if I have to, if it means my son gets to eat this week.
My birthday is next month, and all I've asked Brad for are new bath towels. Because we need them. lol. Wow how priorities change...

2. How well do you know your neighbors?
Fairly well. We talk, catch up, blog (hey Dani), etc... but we all mainly keep to ourselves. Everyone has lives and kids and jobs, so we're not quite spending all our time hanging out. But if we're out on a walk or in our driveway, we'll stop and chat. Brad and I have been discussing the idea of throwing a block party next year. There are a lot of neighbors we don't know on our street (it's a long street).

3. What age are you looking forward to being?
Um... honestly? I think I could've stayed 25 forever. Or maybe 26, since that's when I had Noah. I really liked my early 20's, though. That's the time that Brad and I became the closest I think, with all of his health stuff. Scary times, but those kinds of circumstances seem to bring the most growth.

4. Do you get excited when the mail comes? Why?
I know it's silly, but yes, I still do. It's always mostly bills and things, but I get excited if there's a note or an invitation or whatever. Makes my day. People need to send cards more often. It really does brighten someone's day. It means more, I think, than an email, because it means you took time out of your day to pick it out, write in it, stamp it, and mail it.

5. What is your earliest childhood memory?
That's so funny this question is on here. I asked Brad this the other night before we went to bed. His memory was when he was about a year old, he was sneaking into the cookie jar, and his mom caught him. He remembers sticking his hand in the cookie jar and everything. :)
Mine is when I was about 2 I think. My childhood BFF, Daniel, was having his first birthday party. My mom was carrying me to a nearby table to get a birthday hat for me to wear. And that's all I remember. But I think it's special that my earliest memory involves a friend I'm still friends with today.

3 comments:

Charbelle said...

Dillards at CP is having a 70% off shoe sale, just FYI, or at least they were on Monday.
So cute what your earliest memory is!!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I wish I felt more guilty about spending money on myself. I think I have this idea in my head that since I'm making the most money I should be able to spend it on whatever I want. Rich and I have gotten into huge fights over this. It's really the only thing we ever fight about! I think I have a shopping addiction (no joke). I try to think that it's not just me now and that usually curbs it for while.

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Yeah, Heather, I think when I made money, I felt like it was "my" money... and Brad's money was "our" money. No joke. So I really wouldn't think so much about it if I bought a new top or whatever. But now, I put myself through major guilt trips.