He looooves peanut butter. We've been venturing out a little with food recently, since he's over a year. He loves salmon, PB&J sandwiches, Annie's Honey Graham Bunnies, grapes (don't worry, they're diced up... but oh my goodness, this kid LOVES grapes), bananas, carrots, Cheerios (except my mom bought him some organic "Oatios" lol), oatmeal with a little cinnamon, and whole milk.
Favorite Toy:
He switches around on which toys are his favorite, but right now, it seems to be the Noah's Ark puzzle my friend Lori gave him. He obviously hasn't figured out the "puzzle" part, but he loves to take the animals and carry them around the house. I keep finding giraffes in my bathroom.
Favorite Non-Toy:
The vacuum cleaner. Noah can be cranky and in mid-cry, but if I turn on the vacuum, it's like magic. He's done that since he was a newborn. It put him to sleep once when he was tiny, but now? He kicks and squeals and giggles. He'll chase it, bat it with him hand, and follow me around the house. Needless to say, my carpets are pretty clean.
Favorite Book:
For a long time, it was the classic Golden Book story, The Animals of Farmer Jones. Then it was Goodnight Moon. Now it's If You Give a Pig a Pancake. We bought it a few months ago at a consignment shop for $1.50. He wasn't too interested in it back then, but all of a sudden, he loves it. The other day, I literally read it 6 times in a row. His other favorites are a pop-up book called Who? and The Lord is My Shepherd book that my parents gave him for Easter.
He's getting very finicky about his book selections. He now picks them up and shows me which ones he wants to read and in what order.
I took him to the library for the first time on Tuesday (more for me, because I've been craving some new material to read). I showed him the Curious George books. His little eyebrows went down, and he stared at it, deep in thought, trying to figure out how George and the man with the yellow hat got in there.
Favorite TV Show:
I know I've mentioned this before, and I kind of just did again... but yes, his favorite and only show he watches is Curious George.
If we try to watch anything else, or even if the tv is off, he'll reach for the remote, then point to the tv, and ask us to turn it on. As soon as we turn George on, he kicks like crazy and grins.
Favorite Songs:
He loves the "Itsy Bitsy Spider", since it always involves tickling. He also loves "Jesus Loves Me", "Jesus Loves the Little Children", and "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands"... mainly because I do the signs for them. I also take his hands and have him do the signs to the songs too. He thinks that's fun.
Favorite Treat:
Well, today Brad met with someone, so Noah and I went to the mall while we waited on him. I decided to take him to this awesome frozen yogurt shop called Yoforia. I got some vanilla with bananas for him, dark chocolate for me. He ate the whole darn thing (except for my little bit of chocolate). Yes, he ate more than me. Then he proceeded to get upset with me that it was all gone. I wasn't about to go back in the shop and get more. That's just embarrassing, and I really doubt they'd believe me if I said my one-year-old ate it all and wants more. Yeah. Right.
Once we walked off, he was perfectly fine and happy. But after Brad was done, I took him to see what it was like, since he'd never been. I didn't get any more, but I totally caved with Noah. He knew exactly where we were and what they offered. This time, I got him peanut butter with banana slices. And I'm not kidding, he ate the whole thing... again. I'm a terrible mother. But it was a special, fun day for us, and it's not like we do this all of the time. And it wasn't as bad as ice cream. And he did eat his dinner. So we're good.
Favorite Word:
He says "Da-da" a lot. It makes my heart melt. He only really calls for me when his dad has him, and he wants me instead. :)
He's also started talking jibberish more. He babbles and gets these serious faces, as if we're having a very important conversation and I should be writing this down.
Favorite Person:
;)



3 comments:
I'm so glad he likes the puzzle, I saw that and I absolutely could not resist!! That is too funny about the giraffes in your bathroom!!
I'm going to have to try yoforia I keep hearing about it, that peanut butter and banana sounds delish!!
I wish I could remember all the signs to He's got the whole world, I frequently get that song stuck in my head.
Veggie Tales has a CD of sunday school songs and it's on there, I'll happily give you my copy since I no longer have a little person in my life who rides in my car on a regular basis.
So cute! You will enjoy reading this later. :-)
Thanks Lori! If you don't want the CD, I'll totally be willing to take it off your hands! lol. I'm turning into your charity case.
And Heather, that's exactly why I wrote this one! ;)
Post a Comment