Yesterday, I had the honor of hosting a baby shower, along with my aunts and stepmom, for my cousin Natilie. I was in charge of the decorations (and plates, napkins, etc), so I decided to have some fun with it. A couple of years ago (back when the JB ladies and I did "craft nights"), I learned how to make cradles and baskets out of watermelons. So I figured.... why not?
And here's how it came out:
I also made a bouquet made out of baby socks. I got the idea from here, in case you're interested.
Let me just say, I hate floral tape. It's the most useless piece of craft junk I've ever worked with. In any case, it was still fun to make, and she loved it (which is really what matters).
We were having a hard time finding a centerpiece (my grandmother's garden was lacking in blooms right now, but she didn't want me buying flowers either), so this is what I came up with.
The best part: she can use the socks when little Easton is here!
Natilie looks so cute pregnant! She only has about a month left, and she's ALL belly! :)
Natilie with the hostesses:
my aunt Sandi, stepmom Desna, and aunt Christie
(my dad's sisters)
(also, sorry the lighting was kinda off on this one)
She got some really cute stuff! Love the pumpkin onesie!
One of Natilie's best buds is also the granddaughter of one of my grandmother's BFF's. Our grandparents used to live next door to eachother on the lake, so I grew up going to Gene and Nellie's to pick veggies out of their garden or just to pop in and say hello. Gene and Nellie were the first to move from the lake, and they went down to SC I think. Anyway, we don't get to see them often, so when we do, it's special. I was so glad Nellie could make it for the shower. And my friend Amber happened to snap this priceless shot:
(catching up...)
The shower went wonderfully, and Natilie seemed to have a good time.
I'm excited for her, and it's going to be great for Noah to have a cousin his age there to play with.









4 comments:
Yay, I'm so glad it was a success!!
I'm not girly enough to enjoy baby showers, but I must admit that I want to try my hand at making a diaper cake. Most of the women around me aren't girly, either, so I've never had the opportunity. You, however, are friends with women who are still breeding; if you decide to give it a go, I'll come over and help you roll some diapers!
Thanks! I actually thought about trying to make a diaper cake, but Brad said it'd be too expensive. So I went with the bouquet instead. But if I ever give it a try, I'll let you know!
Very cute ideas!
Post a Comment