Monday, September 13, 2010
The Butterfly Bush
Y'all know how much Noah loves his wagon rides, right? Well, I've found a reason to love them too (other than the sweet giggles coming from behind me). During our walk, we come across a Butterfly Bush.
It's certainly not the prettiest bush I've ever seen. I'd take an azalea or hydrangea over it any day. But that's not what made me do a double-take. The first time I noticed it this summer, there had to have been at least ten butterflies fluttering all around it. Not to mention the bumblebees (which are way too preoccupied to even bother with the admirers). Noah and I met a little girl there, with her mother and grandmother, and we all walked around it, watching the butterflies do their thing. The grandma told us that's it's called a Butterfly Bush, because it's always guaranteed to attract them. Since then, I've wanted one sooo badly. We haven't gotten one yet (maybe in the spring), but I did find them in Lowes. Sure enough, there were little butterflies hopping around on the flowers. Anyway, I finally took a couple of pictures while I was out last time and thought I'd share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
so cool!!! that last shot is awesome!!
I've seen more butterflies this year than I have in years past. It makes me wonder if there is something going on with the environment that is bringing them out more or making them breed more.
I think so too Dani!!
I've noticed SO many butterflies, even just while driving. One day, I counted them all (while Brad drove) on the way to my mom's. I think I got up to 15 or so. I hope whatever it is is a good thing!
Post a Comment