And then it dawned on me.
Brad had the weekend off. In fact, he's been off work since last Wednesday. It really was heavenly. I love having him home, getting to do stuff as a family, and just hanging out. But it's almost like living with a teenage boy. I swear I even find socks in some of the most random places. At least he bathes... right?
He's improved since we got married. There aren't fleas breeding in the carpets or anything.
Ha... you think I'm exaggerating, don't you?
Before he moved out of his parents' house, Flash got fleas. Then he moved out, and the fleas stayed. It was disgusting. I'm gagging as I type this. He's going to kill me for sharing. Trust me, though; he embarrasses me on purpose, plenty. We're really mature that way. I guess that's what happens when you meet your husband when you're 8. You treat eachother like 8 year olds for the rest of your life.
Could be worse.
Honestly, dirty house aside, it really was awesome having him around. We even made a fire over the weekend! It finally got cool enough to put on a jacket. So we ran ourselves over to Walmart (gasp! I know. But they're closer to our house and had a better deal. Don't tell his boss.), got a fire pit (our HOA won't let us build the cool bonfire-y kind, but we can deal. This way we won't have to worry about Noah falling in it), bought some smore's stuff, and had ourselves a good time in the back yard. It was SO relaxing; even little Noah had a good time!
We enjoyed it so much that we decided to invite the rest of Brad's family over for one on Sunday night. His parents hung out with us all day that day anyway, so why not? Brad wanted to make a roast in the CrockPot for everyone. Problem was, he didn't think to start it until about 4pm.
There's a chance it could've been ready on time for dinner. But we're pretty sure his mom went to check on it, and since she can't see very well, she accidentally turned it off. For at least an hour. We were all sitting in the loft, and Brad happened to ask her if she messed with it. She said yes, and he darted downstairs. Poor Granny. She means well.
He turned it back on, and we prayed it would be ready in time for when Ben's family arrived. We kept checking on it, and by 9pm, it was still pink. It was embarrassing.
To try and keep the kids satisfied, Brad started a fire and roasted marshmallows with them. They had a blast. I think the little girls ate like 4 marshmallows and a smore each... they were extra giggly by the time they left. I know their parents loved us after that. I wanted to hang out with everyone, but unfortunately, Noah got hungry. So we sat inside and he ate some noodles and almost half a bag of peas. Not kidding. This boy can eat.
Everyone gave up on dinner. It was kind of sad. The roast was finally done around 10:45 last night. I was tempted to call Ben and let him know dinner was ready.
And that's how things don't always go as planned...

4 comments:
We had a good time-dinner or not:). Colton and Abby loved roasting marshmallows!
Hilarious!! I'm going to NYC next weekend and my girlfriend booked us dinner reservations at 10:00 and the next night at 9:30. Hailey I normally eat dinner at 5:00 like an old person. I already know I'm going to have to eat 2 dinners. There is no way I'll survive until 10:00 pm!!
Sounds like so much fun!!! I'm glad y'all had a fun weekend!!! Heather made me laugh, I can totally relate to what she's saying as I eat that early too!!!
You mean they didn't want to stay and eat the roast at 10p? I should have sent the kids over; C1 is usually looking for a snack about that time :-). Maybe you should have just ordered pizza!
Post a Comment