Friday, October 1, 2010

Flashback Friday: Those Ears

I have a story to tell you. This week's Flashback Friday was Brad's idea. I raided his parents' photo album cabinet (I could do a million FF posts just on his family pictures...). I'm a sucker for old photos and hearing people's stories.

For some reason, God felt compelled to bless Brad with elf ears. They poor guy's ears stuck out, which resulted in lots of teasing.
Kids called him all kinds of mean names, usually involving an elephant or some other animal with big ears. Kids can be so cruel. It really hurt his feelings.



One year, he got a really bad ear infection. It was so bad, in fact, that it rotted his eardrum. They had to do reconstructive surgery on his right ear. During the consultation, Brad asked if the doctor could fix his other ear while he was at it, so that they wouldn't stick out anymore. My husband asked for plastic surgery when he was seven.

Obviously, the man had a soft heart for this guy, so he did it. He fixed my husband's ears so that they don't stick out anymore.
When I was pregnant, Brad was very concerned that our baby would inherit his original ears. He actually said prayers about it. Poor guy was scarred for life. To his relief, Noah didn't get his ears. Although, I secretly think he'd be super cute with them. :)

1 comment:

Charbelle said...

Your Brad was adorable before and after. Thankful that they were able to restore his hearing, that would have been so heartbreaking to lose your hearing at such a young age.