Fyi, this part was written last night, and I just never got around to posting.
Ok, so first things first. I have a new blog! I think most of you know how much I enjoy baking, cooking, etc. Well, I also know some of you just have no interest in reading entry after entry of food blogs [hi, Jess :)]. So in an effort to not get on anyone's nerves and also get to share some fun recipes, I created a food blog called Piggy Wiggy Recipes.
I won't be featuring anything that I've never made. I hate it when people get all pretentious about their recipes and freak the average mom/wife/student/etc out, overwhelming them to the point of forfeiting and just eating a bowl of cereal (haha, that was for you Sara).
Anyway, that's all I'll say about it. If you want some easy, yummy recipes then follow. I promise I won't disappoint. :) (I hope)
***
Noah is getting back to normal. Last night we went to Brad's parents house to visit for (what I thought was going to be) a short time. I didn't want to stay too long, mainly because Noah had only been fever-free for 24 hours. I didn't want to overdue it with him or infect anybody else. Nobody wants a fun case of tonsillitis.
I've come to realize that with Brad's family, you really can't be too sure how things will turn out. His dad had to take Kalyb to scouts. Brad's mom's blood sugar was dangerously low (she's a severe diabetic), so Brad needed to stay with her until his dad got back. Kerri (Brad's sister) was going out of town, so Ben had to pick up her kid from his sports thing.
Needless to say, leaving early wasn't an option anymore. Noah started getting sleepy (mostly due to the Tylenol), and Ben offered to take Brad home once he got back. I was very grateful, because poor Noah needed some sleep. So Noah and I headed home.
As I pulled up to our driveway, a fresh wave of panic sweeped across me.
I don't have a key.
I did have a key, but I let Madison borrow it over the summer. Neither of us can find it. I usually leave the garage unlocked, just in case. But I also have a habit of mindlessly locking all of the doors. So yeah. I locked us out of the house. Also, whenever I travel with Brad, I sometimes don't grab my cell phone. Because I figure, if someone really needs me, they can call Brad.
Yep. I was locked out of my own house, at night, with my sick son, without a phone.
Fortunately, we have some awesome neighbors. I went across the street and asked if I could use their phone. Of course, they said yes.
Oh, I forgot to mention... I was covered in banana. Noah ate bananas and wiped his hands on me. Also, Brad dressed Noah in a skull and crossbones tshirt that my stepsister got him for his birthday. I apologized for barging in their home so late. They didn't care. However, I was suddenly a little self-concious. I looked like a mess. I had gotten us locked out of our home. My husband wasn't answering his phone. Noah had a skull on his shirt. And they were in their bedroom reading their Bible together as a family. Cross referencing and everything. Sigh.
I told my neighbor I was just going to drive around with Noah and see if I could put him to sleep in the car. She was so sweet and offered me her cell phone, since mine was obviously still in the house.
I finally got in touch with Brad, and he told me just to come back to their house. Noah fussed the whole way, because he hadn't had a proper dinner yet. Just a banana.
Do I get a mom-of-the-year award yet??
So we ran back to the g'parents. Brad had fixed Noah a plethora of food... scrambled eggs, peas, and mandarin oranges. I sat Noah down, and he refused to eat it. Any of it. He pinched his mouth shut and shook his head no.
We gave up. I ate the eggs and peas. Brad ate the oranges.
Noah fussed on the way home too.
I didn't really have much to give him at home that was quick, so I gave him chocolate chip banana bread [which btw is featured as my first post on my new blog :)]. Yep, I gave my son dessert for dinner. I'm such a great mom.
Anyway, we put him to bed, and he was happy.
Fast forward to 5:30 this morning. Noah woke up fussing. I gave him some water, then put him back to bed. Still fussing. I tried rocking him (I know, he's a little old for that now, plus it never works, but I was desperate), put him in my bed, gave him more water... nothing. This went on for a good 45 minutes, and it finally dawned on me that maybe he was hungry.
Apparently, those last few days of not eating caught up to him. He scarfed down three pieces of toast with jelly, grapes, and some Cheerios. And more water. Finally, he slowed down and rubbed his eyes. He (of course) got jelly in his hair, but I didn't care. He was still exhausted and so was I. As soon as he saw his bed, he gave a little tired giggle, rolled over, and fell asleep.
Funny thing is... I can't sleep if I'm hungry either. If I wake up starving, it takes everything in me to ignore it. Usually, I give in and eat a granola bar or something. I actually used to keep them beside my bed, because I had a tendency of not eating enough before going to bed. So my boy is ALL Brad on the outside... but there's at least some of me on the inside. And that's where it really counts, right??
***
(Ok, now we're back to today)
One of my FB peeps posted this guy's blog post this morning. I don't know if yall have ever seen him before. Apparently, he's a big thing in the blog world, but I'd never seen him before. How do people find these popular bloggers? I just randomly click on blogs and read a little. If I decide they're cool enough, I follow. Followers, feel honored. :)
Anyway, he did this awesome post about dads. If you're a dad or know a dad, you should read this. It's worth it.
***
Last week, we took Noah to the park to play with his cousins. We're pretty sure this is where he picked up the nasty virus, so parks have now been banned from our list of fun places to go. Just kidding.
Noah loves to swing. We tried to get Noah to go in the tunnel with his cousin Ryan, but he was more interested in trying to eat the dirt. I know. It's no wonder he got sick.
Hanging out with daddy
Noah swinging with Colton
Little Ryan... isn't he cute??
I haven't had much time to catch up on all my blog reading. But I'll be back.
Hope everyone is having a great week!



4 comments:
Bahahaha!
Blurbs just hits it, doesn't it? I mean, what other word truly encompasses those daily bits? You can totally use my word. It's cool.
And yeah. I'm not a food blog lover. :) But yours looks cute and pretty! And I may follow it anyway just cause I think you're awesome.
I'm so glad Noah is feeling back to normal. What a good idea to have a recipe blog. I'll definitely be checking that often for new recipes-cereal just isn't cutting it every night. J/K-I'm not that bad:), but I do need to improve a lot.
I'm up until almost midnight every night and you didn't know on my door? Now I'm insulted :-).
Will check out your food blog!
You are awesome mom. I'm sure they didn't even notice the scull t-shirt on Noah!
Post a Comment