So my bro-in-law read the post by Brad and said he first thought, "Wow, this girl really loves him..." and then he realized Brad wrote it.
Which made me think. I really do love him, and at one point in time, I probably would've written something along those lines. I just try to refrain from it on here, just to keep yall from gagging. Plus, in the last couple of years, I've decided that I don't want to flaunt the ooey-gooey moments of our marriage, mainly because I think it's insensitive to the people who may NOT be having any of those moments right now.
I mean, really. There's nothing worse than hitting a rough spot in your relationship and having to read about how someone else's is just fabulous and their husband/wife is just the "best person in the whole wide world". It's like getting those Christmas cards from "friends" who like to share about how they spent their year traveling to Europe as a family, their kids are all geniuses, little Suzie is prom queen, and the Mr just proposed for the 2nd time... now they're going to have a romantic vow renewal in Hawaii! Meanwhile, you're barely able to afford the power bill, your kid's just an average student, you and the hubs just had a bad fight the night before, and the last vacation you went on was a trip to the new Walmart across town.
Get my point?
But I've been getting the hint that my husband really needs some extra 'atta boy's from me (I was gonna say "love", but I have a feeling my brother-in-law will somehow twist it, so I have to choose my words carefully...).
The gagging may commence...
Brad really is and has been amazing. He's so incredibly committed to making our life as wonderful as it possibly could be. I don't write much about his job, simply because it's not mine to talk about. I don't think he wants all the inner workings of his job on here for the higher-ups to find. But his job sucks. I mean, it's awful. It really wasn't too bad for the first couple of years, but once Noah was born, things started changing. He got a new role (with the promise of more money), but it wasn't without it's serious sacrifices.
With the job market the way it is, we were thankful we had a stable income. But it's gotten to the point of ridiculous. Once he makes a major move, I'll share more. But until then, just take my word that it's been rough. There are a lot of days that we don't get to see him at all. And in our eyes, that's not living. That's just surviving. I know survival is important, but so is being a family.
So right now, Brad is making a big career move. Both companies know, so it's safe to put at least that much out there. I haven't gotten the ok from him yet to share what he's doing, but as soon as I get it, I'll dish.
Anyways, he's currently working two jobs. It's insane. He doesn't sleep. He takes naps, gets up in the wee hours of the morning (like ungodly hours) and works. Once he's done with one job, he goes on to the next, studying, going to meetings, etc.
And somehow he's still managing to be with us. We've still done things as a family, hung out with friends, and gone on a couple of dates. He's amazing. His commitment to giving us a better life is astounding to me. He does what he has to do and will continue until we reach a place where we're all satisfied. More money isn't necessarily his goal (although it wouldn't hurt). His goal is to be with us. He wants to be able to coach Noah's tball/soccer/whatever team. He wants to be able to go to church with us as a family. He wants to take me on dates. He wants to be able to hang out more with both of our families without watching the clock, wondering how much (or little) sleep he'll get that night. He wants to spend my birthday hanging out with me instead of crashing and sleeping through it (ps. I wasn't mad at him. he needs his sleep). I want time with him. Quality time where I'm not having to compete with coworkers or family or football games that he frantically watches on DVR before anyone tells him the ending score.
Ok, I've gone off on a tangent.
All of this is to say that my husband is awesome. He's making the most of the situation at the moment, attempting to spend as much time as possible with us until things get better.
He tells me constantly I'm beautiful. He loves me and pays attention to me. The free time he gets to watch tv, he makes a point to watch shows I want to watch too. For the most part, he worships the ground I walk on, and it makes me feel like the most important person in the world. I may be having a crappy day, but one embrace from him helps me know I'm not alone. Ever. And that's a great feeling to have.
He'll come home with random gifts for me, most of them costing like $5, but it makes me feel special. It means he thought of me throughout his day. He likes me the way I am. He gets me.
Brad has been my best friend for as long as I can remember, and he's gone above and beyond my expectations. No, he's not perfect, and some days I'd like to ring his neck. But he's my friend, so I kinda like him. He's a great dad to our baby, and he's a blast to be around.
So sweetie, thank you for being you. I don't tell you enough, but we really, really love you. You're the best ever. Love, me and Noah.

3 comments:
Sometimes it's important to acknowledge these things!!!
I love what you're saying about those obnoxious holiday cards.
And I'm happily in love with my husband too so I don't mind you gushing about yours!
I shouldn't have read THAT on a full stomach :-P. You warned me of the gag factor, though, so it's my own fault :-).
ABM and Brad could definitely relate on the job front. In a nutshell, ABM took a promotion that moved him from hourly to salary (meaning no overtime), and now he puts in so many hours that we rarely see him. On his days off, we sit in front of the TV trying not to fall asleep and frequently failing. Romantic, huh?
Post a Comment