WHAT in the world?
Last week (the week that Brad was home and able to get Noah so I could sleep in), Noah was going to bed around 10:30 - 11pm and waking up around 8:30 - 9am. It was perfect. In fact, it was a little annoying. The one morning that Brad got up with him, he told me it was such a breeze. He slept in so late, that I was up already.
Since Brad went back to work, Noah is still going to bed around the same time, but is now waking up at 7 - 7:30am. That's barely enough sleep for me, let alone a toddler. (we like our sleep around here)
I've been trying to figure this out, and all I can come up with is the weather change. It's much cooler and fall-ish. Since we're broke, we haven't turned the heat on just yet. And really, it'll just get too hot during the day with it on anyway. It only gets cool at night. Last night, I think it got down to 66. The problem is that Noah is warm when he goes to bed at night. He doesn't need a bajillion heavy blankets or flannels. Just a long sleeve shirt and pajama pants.
(sidenote: What do YOU call them? PajAMas or pajAHmas?) :)
The problem is that Noah didn't have any long sleeve shirts. He only had a couple, so we ran to Target yesterday and stocked up on fall/winter clothes for him. I only spent $68 on him and was able to get a decent amount (woohoo!). Last night, I had planned on putting him to bed in one of his new shirts. The problem was that he was already kinda warm from wearing pants at bedtime. He goes to bed perfectly comfortable... but I'm thinking the major drop in temps at night is waking him up extra early. So he may have to bite the bullet and just be a little toastier at bedtime. :)
But not only is it nighttime sleeping. It's now dribbled over into naptime. He slept for an hour today, if that. Everytime I put him down, he just bounces around and plays. Noah is the type of kid that will just roll over and fall asleep if he's ready. But for some reason, he's dead set on fighting it.
Lots of exciting work-related things happening over here. But I can't quite share just yet. Stay tuned. (Don't you HATE it when people do that?? Sorry. Promise I'll dish when I get the "ok".)
I've been having my own sleep issues lately. I just can't get my mind to stop. I lay there and think about everything I need to be doing, other people's problems that I want to solve, and the fact that I'm having trouble getting my Mary Kay business off and running. I don't do naps either. Hmm... wonder where Noah gets his sleeping habits from??
I'm starting to worry that MK has recruited so many people that it's virtually impossible to be really successful at it unless you spend 24/7 searching for the last 15 people left in this world, who have been living under a rock (you can tell by their hair and makeup), that have never heard of Mary Kay before. It seems that everyone I ask has a cousin or sister or coworker or somebody that's selling. I even asked one friend if she'd be interested in doing a party (to help me get more practice), and it turns out she is a consultant! She's just inactive. Sigh.
I'm hoping to do a holiday open house in my neighborhood to try and let everyone know I'm here. Maybe help them get some Christmas shopping done. I mean, really, the products are awesome. I think just too many people have been pestered to death by the overly-zealous reps that they feel the urge to run in their house, lock the door, and turn off the lights. All that pink and fake smiles and Mary Kay-isms have left a bad taste in some people's mouths. Honestly, I'm not out to recruit more followers or convert people to the ways of Mary Kay. I'm really not that interested in Seminar (gasp! I said it!). I just want to help people look pretty, have fun little parties to get the much needed "girl time", and make some extra cash while I'm at it.
So at the risk of sounding desperate, if you're interested, here's an online catalog you can look through: MaryKay
We're going to the beach soon. It's a much needed retreat from life.
As it turns out, cleaning is genetic. Before we went on a vacation, my mom would always clean the house from top to bottom. That way, she could walk into a perfectly orderly, sanitized home when we got back. I know this isn't that uncommon. So maybe I'm just like most people in wanting to make sure everything is done before we leave. I'm just thankful I didn't inherit the craziness that would take over my mother. Literally. She turned into a crazy person. The URGENCY of getting the house clean was insane. I love my mom to death, but I do not miss being on high alert before vacations. We were afraid to walk on the carpets in case our footprints messed up the patterns the vacuum left. I learned how to hover. And eat over the sink. And only brush my hair outside so that strays weren't floating onto the bathroom floor. Yep. Don't miss that one bit. :)
But my new BFF these days?? The Steam Mop.
Isn't it so pretty??
It's the best, because it seriously takes me like 5 minutes to mop our floor. No cleaner. It disinfects. And it's awesome. This one was a gift from my mom, because she chose to upgrade after seeing the newer one on QVC. She's a total sucker for those QVC shows... but I don't mind! I end up with cool cleaning products for free!
Hope everyone's having a great week!

4 comments:
Oh girly we live in MK city, Charlotte is oversaturated to the nth degree!!! However the products are phenomenal and I love love love how they work!!! The online idea is a great one!!! The open house is another great idea!!! Another way to get the parties is tell people I don't want to recruit you I just want to make money off a party!!!
I tried selling MK once. After Cass was born. It didn't last long...for exactly the same reason you're struggling. SO MANY people sell it. Best of luck, girlie.
And sleeping. Yeah. We've been having issues too. Lots.
I've been a fan of Avon for years and thought about selling it, but I ran into the same problem you're having now. If you choose a popular company, everyone else is selling it, too. If you choose a lesser-known company, no one is willing to take a chance on the quality. I wish you luck with your party!
Girl, my kids are grown and you are getting more sleep than I am! In bed at 11:30p and up at 5:45a. I can't do any of my stuff before 9p because I am signing papers, answering homework questions, supervising dinner, etc. This evening I got in bed at 6:30p and the kids are like, "What's wrong with you? It's too early to go to bed." So, you wanna trade? :-)
I want a steam mop, but every time I start researching which one to buy I find reviews that say this one or that one is janky and I end up not buying one at all. I guess I need to stop reading reviews and take the leap.
Post a Comment