Sunday, November 7, 2010

the joy challenge: my man

So today I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a train.
Kind of ironic it happened the morning after I did a whole blog post about the Lord.
A little obvious, if you ask me...

I felt terrible all day and thought maybe I just didn't sleep well.
But then I knew something was up when I couldn't for the life of me get warm.
I tried to take a nap while Noah was asleep, but I was so cold.
Yet, I was wearing flannel pj pants, a tshirt, one of Brad's long sleeve thermals, and sock. And I was buried underneath a comforter and two blankets.
Brad took my temp, and it clocked in at 101.3.
At least I had a valid reason for feeling so crummy.
The worst part about being sick?
I miss my little boy. No joke.
He knew something was up. He kept reaching for me, wanted to play with me, and came up and patted my head while I was on the couch.
Brad sent me to my room. :)

So today, I'm thankful to have a husband that's willing and able to watch our boy when I'm sick. To make me dinner and bring me Tylenol. I know there are a lot of women out there that have to do it on their own, pretending to be perfectly fine when all they want (and need) to do is sleep. Not to mention get up and go to work somehow. So I'm thankful this guy is so awesome. I'm glad to have him.
Otherwise, we'd be in an awful mess. :)

(ps. that's water all over Noah. I promise. hehe)

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I was sick this past week with a nasty cold and Ryan missed class and studying so he could watch Brin for me. I was total medicine head and sooooo tired and sick and he was sooo wonderful. What was funny is he totally understood what I said about "Brin constantly nagging me to hold her and play with her every second of every day." I think its good for daddy's to see what a day like ours is like!!!! Glad you're feeling better. I'm such a good mom that I gave Brinley the cold I had :-) awesome!!!!!!

Charbelle said...

I hope you feel better soon!!!!