Tuesday, November 2, 2010

skinny jeans, yellow hats, and crime scenes

So.... remember how I said I fit into my skinny jeans last week? Well, that was before the weekend. I haven't tried, but I'm pretty darn sure that they're not going to fit. Halloween is evil, not because of the scary stuff, but because we buy loads of candy to give out, only to find out that the entire county was too confused on which night to trick-or-treat, leaving us with lots of leftovers. Not to mention the few pieces that nice neighbors gave to Noah. Oh, and the monstrous pizza Brad ordered us for dinner from a local place called Romanellos (it would make Papa J hang his head in shame). We ordered a "Muncher Cruncher", which Brad swore was the best one to order... it's like a supreme, but even better.
*sigh*
Back to salads and apples and walking really far and using Noah for weight training. Why can't I eat pizza and lose weight, like I did when I was 15? So not fair.

We have cute Halloween pictures. Noah was a monkey, mainly because he loves Curious George so much. I used it as an excuse to make him be George.
And maybe to humiliate my husband.
He was supposed to be the man in the yellow hat. He looked more like a yellow...uh... "man of a questionable occupation".
Poor guy. He already didn't feel well.
Most husbands get wives that bring them soup, rent their favorite movie, etc when they're sick... I cause mine insane amounts of embarrasment. Oh well. It made for some great pictures. I'll post when I'm not on the laptop.

So yeah, Brad's been sick since last week. It's a cough/cold/grossness kind of thing. It's all in his chest, so we're trying to prevent it from becoming pneumonia (like it's done for some of his coworkers). I hate seeing him so miserable, especially when it makes me so miserable. :) See, he's staying up all night coughing. And when he's not coughing and actually sleeping, he's doing this weird groaning thing. Almost like a snore, but instead, he groans. At every.single.breath.
I'm a spoiled sleeper. My little sister is the same way. We need our rest, otherwise we get foul. I can't wear ear plugs to block him out, because then I won't hear Noah if he cries. But oh my gosh, it's the most annoying sound ever when you're trying to sleep. Love the man, but so not loving the weird groan thing. I'm pretty sure it's because his chest is all congested.
So this has resulted in me sleeping in our guest room. And I hate it. I mean, I'm glad I'm getting some sleep, because I need my sleep... but I've always hated the whole separate sleeping idea. However, now I can see how it starts. :)

I have a problem.
I have way too many projects. They all go unfinished. I'm painting Noah's room, learning to use my camera, redecorating, cooking/baking, cleaning, blogging, helping Brad with his business stuff, selling Mary Kay... you get it.
I'm a stay-at-home mom. How in the world am I so busy??
I'm pretty good at overwhelming myself. The problem is that I have so many things I want to do, but once I start, I forget that other things are going to suffer. So I have a million different projects started, each one suffering as I try to juggle them all.
I'm attempting to scale it back a little somehow. Take one thing at a time. This week, it's Brad's business. We're sending out announcements (oh, if you want one, email me your address), and I'm partly in charge of getting it all together.

Noah is getting his molars. He's not too bad when he's teething. He gets a little annoyed, rubs his face/eyes/ears... but for the most part, he's awesome. The Oragel seems to work really well for him, so we're still sticking to that.
He started standing on his own (from sitting, without help) a couple of weeks ago. If I go take out the trash, I'll leave the front door open for him, so he can stand there and preach to the neighborhood. He has something very important to tell everyone... or maybe just the pups?... and it's so funny to watch him. Apparently, they need Jesus.
He also has started taking walks with his pushy-thingy. He loves to go outside and push it up the sidewalk. Brad will also stand behind him and let Noah hold onto his fingers while he walks. It's totally a confidence thing. He's a fast little booger when he's holding on to someone or something. He just hasn't gotten the confidence to do it alone yet. And that's perfectly fine with me.
I think that's about all that's new with him. Oh, and he likes to open the doors in the freezer section at the grocery store. At first, I thought he was asking for the milk, but all  he wanted was to open the door. He also likes to knock all of the books off the shelf at the library. Needless to say, we've limited the library trips lately.
And he loooooves airplanes.
A couple of weeks ago, there was a big crime deal here. Apparently, a couple of middle school kids made a bomb out of a pen and sent it to an elementary school. It blew up on some little kid (he's fine, just his hand was hurt I think)... anyway, the kid that made it lived in the area. So there were helicopters EVERYWHERE. Noah loved it. We also live underneath a flight path, which Brad wasn't a big fan of when we moved in... but turns out, it's a big hit with Noah! He spends most of his time outside looking for planes.

And for goodness' sake, YES, I will be voting today.
No need to call me or make me listen to your ad again. I'll be there. Promise.

3 comments:

Charbelle said...

You have lots going on!! Hope Brad feels better soon!! I totally understand about the skinny jeans, you feel so good and then celebrate and it's a vicious cycle!!
Noah would have LOVED the scenery at my 5K saturday, there were planes all around, naturally since it was the runway 5K :)

Dani In NC said...

I'm like Brad when I'm sick. I moan repeatedly when I'm asleep AND awake. Most of the time I don't realize that I'm doing it, but ABM seems to think I'm doing it on purpose and it drives him crazy!

Jess said...

I am the QUEEN of unfinished projects. I start so many at once, and then I can't finish a single one.
*sigh*