Our little drummer boy.
(Someone is going to be excited about one of his presents Christmas morning!)
It's been SO cold here lately. I know "cold" is pretty relative, but seriously? I think 16 is pretty darn cold no matter where you live. Which leads me to my next question...
Any of you moms have any advice on indoor activities for a toddler? I feel like we're doing the same things. I don't feel like it's my responsibility to constantly entertain my kid, but it's nice to have some fun ideas for him. I figured some of you from more "wintery" areas may have some creative ideas.
Noah's too young to color just yet. He's more interested in trying to stick the crayons in his mouth.
I thought about pudding fingerpainting. But I can already see his, "What the heck are you doing, mom??" face. I'll probably still try it. Who knows? Maybe he'll love it.
We're still attempting to do some Christmas type stuff, but the majority of it is outside (live nativities, parades, etc). I think we're going to see the lights tonight, though. So he'll enjoy that (especially being allowed to ride outside of his carseat. :)



2 comments:
My little boy's birthday is the same week as yours :). The long indoor days are getting to me too. Evan's big into blocks these days. Blocks include anything stackable - cans of green beans, boxes for recycling, and actual wooden toys designed for stacking. He loves, loves, loves going to storytime at our local library. Fingerpaint with pudding is fun - I recommend using pudding made without milk for that. Our big hit of the week was an empty box, though.
baths are our favorite cold day activity.
Homemade playdough is totally cheap and fun and waaaaaay easier to clean up than the store bought kind.
Lately we have been taking playdoh out and using christmas cookie cutters to make shapes.
The kids always, always love when I pull a stool up to the sink and let them give some plastic toys a bath. Dinosaur baths are the most fun.
Shaving cream on a cookie sheet is tons of fun too. If you do it in the bathtub there's less clean up.
We've been into 'sock fights' lately (launching rolled up socks at each other).
We also build forts. Hope these helped!
Post a Comment