Sunday, December 5, 2010

better

Doing much better today.
I forgot to mention that yesterday was the day Brad's oldest brother Rob passed away. It's been 11 years, which is crazy. I can still picture every minute of that whole event like it just happened. I wasn't super close to him or anything, but he was a really great guy. And it breaks my heart to see Brad at his worst when he gets upset about it. Brad handled it really well, though. We went over to his brother Ben's house to watch some college football and play with the kiddos.
Anyways, I just had one of those irritable days. They don't come often, but when they do... yikes.

Plus, I gained a new follower on my recipe blog. So that's always a nice little ego boost. :)

However, I AM a little perturbed at this Steelers/Ravens game.
*boring football talk coming... feel free to skip this if you want.*
Harrison alone (Steelers player) has racked up $125,000 in fines for stupid fouls. Stuff that, for the most part, was unintentional. So far in this game, Roethlisberger got his nose broken and a tight end was totally taken out (defenseless helmet to helmet that could've broken his neck, and he didn't even catch the ball)... and just now as I'm writing this, another player is lying lifeless on the ground. Beyond the extreme aggressiveness, the refs haven't called a thing. No fouls, no fines, nothing. Even Al Michaels is trying to figure out what's going on.
And I know Favre is Mr Scandal lately and most fans are itching for him to just retire already... but he still doesn't deserve to be taken out from behind (he's like an old man in NFL years) without a foul being called. Especially when Harrison got fined like $50,000 for the same exact thing.
What the heck, refs??

Ok, football rant done.

Tonight, my fabulously wonderful parents (and little sister) came over to watch Noah while we went to a Christmas thing at church. It was like going on a date. A church date. We're just super cool like that. It was basically just lots of Christmas carols, a good message, tree lighting, and some Christmas cookies made by the ladies of the church. :)
We haven't been to church together, without having to worry about Noah, since I was pregnant. Brad still isn't cool with him going to any nursery (apparently, everyone else's kids carry all sorts of diseases), so church gets a little complicated. I have to sit out in the "play area" and watch it all on a screen. Which is fine. But it was really nice to actually go in the sanctuary with adults... and not be carrying a diaper bag.

Then we came home, ate some dinner as a family in the loft, and watched the game. Noah only watches two shows on tv... Curious George and football.

So yeah. Christmas fun + date with hubby + family time + Polamalu on the tv screen = happy Hailey.

4 comments:

team cowan said...

Zach and I are both in callings at church where we have to go to the same early morning meeting once a month with a bunch of other people to discuss the needs of the ward. We always leave the boys with someone during that meeting, so we joke that it's a date. He opens the car door for me and we hold hands during the meeting and everything. I don't care where it is, if no kids are involved, it's a date!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

That is SO cute that Noah watches football!!

Kids go through weird TV fazes. Henry was obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba and now he won't watch it!

My kids watch Mickey Mouse & Backyardigans. :-)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

BTW - my husband is a Steeler's fan!

Dani In NC said...

Of course, Brad knows that he is postponing the inevitable, right? Isolating Noah now means that he will catch every illness that comes near him in kindergarten. Or is Brad planning to homeschool and forgot to let you in on it? :-).