Guess what. It snowed.
woohoo!!
I know, I know. Most of you that get it regularly are probably ready to smack me by now. But really, it's such a rarity here, that I get oh-so-excited.
It also helps that a lot of my favorite memories involve snow. My hubby and I are big kids and love to play in it. When we were just friends, then when we were in high school, and on into college and now marriage... we love snow. Sledding, snow ball fights, snowmen, jumping on the trampoline full of snow. You name it, we've probably at least tried it (except I've never been skiing/snowboarding... Brad used to be a really good snowboarder, but I've never been).
Anyway, as you can imagine, I was super excited to see snow on Christmas.
I wasn't in a massive hurry to run out and play in it.
I like to drink something warm, eat some toast, and just watch the prettiness.
Brad and I are suckers for wanting to be home when it snows.
Home, as in, the neighborhood we grew up in.
The roads weren't bad, so we booked it home.
On the way...
Into our neighborhood.
The very last home my daddy designed and built before the family business closed.
Almost home. Everyone loves this house...
Brad's street...
My street...
The house I lived in (my dad designed and built it too) when we first moved into the neighborhood...
And then my parents decided to move across the street.
This is home to me.
(can you see the front door to the right? that's where Brad gave me my first kiss)
We hung out with my parents for awhile. Brad and Art (my stepdad) played video games, while my mom, little sister, and I chatted in the livingroom. Noah ran around looking for cats to pet and cabinets to slam.
After he took a rather unsuccessful nap (he woke up after an hour), we headed on over to Brad's brother's house to play with their family.
Their youngest, Ryan, was asleep, so Noah got to wear his snow gear outside.
He wasn't quite sure what to think of it.
He loved watching it fall and kept looking for more to come, but as for walking around in it? It took him a little bit.
"Mommy, I'm cold..."
Brad and Ben had a good time. They had a big snow ball fight. Sara (Ben's wife), the kids, and I tried to get involved, but it was mostly their war.
(Cute Abby, apparently unaware of the insanity behind her)
While the snow battle was going on, we stuck Noah on top of the trampoline. That way, he didn't get caught in the cross fire. At least not as much...
But after awhile, Noah finally gave this whole "playing with the snow" thing a try.
This was the best one we could get of me and Noah. I've shoved the camera in his face so much, he now completely ignores it.
(please excuse the no makeup, no shower yet look I seem to be rockin')




















No comments:
Post a Comment