"We do not remember days; we remember moments."
(Cesare Pavese)
2010
It was a good year.
A year of discovery and learning.
Noah constantly busy discovering this new, crazy place.
Us discovering how to be parents... good ones.
My brother learned how to let go and what real hard work is.
My baby got a cranial band, so his little head would be all cute and round again.
We celebrated first holidays with our little guy.
We enjoyed dinners and farmer's markets and lunches and pumpkin carvings and bonfires and parties and high school reunions with friends.
We welcomed new members and miracles into our family,
while being blessed to see current ones come home.
We made new friends.
We celebrated our baby's first year of life with loved ones.
We took trips with family and discovered the joys of traveling with a baby.
My baby sister turned into a teenager.
My granddaddy turned eighty.
And in this last decade?
I graduated high school.
I found love.
I made new friends and lost a few.
I worried and stressed.
I said goodbye.
Change happened, and it was okay.
I grew.
I realized how much I'm actually capable of. Who I am and where I stand.
I gained some experience.
I got a degree, dated, worked, got married, bought a house, travelled, had a baby, became a full-time SAHM, and I don't regret not one single minute of it.
If anything?
I would tell my 17/18 year old self not to worry so much about the future. It all turns out just fine.
I'm so incredibly blessed.
I have a husband who is madly in love with me.
I have a happy, giggly, busy boy who loves his momma.
I still have my first baby, Dodger and his brother Flash who make me laugh daily.
As for the New Year?
I don't like to make resolutions.
I have a hard time keeping them.
But I do have some goals. And if I don't make them, oh well.
But I actually have a resolution this year...
to enjoy the present.
I tend to keep looking towards what's next... even if it's just laundry or bath time or dinner. I realize that before I know it, my little guy will be 18 and off to college. Or something like that.
My baby is only a baby once.
So I'm treasuring it.
Tonight, I rang in the New Year with my little boy.
We ate ice cream, watched Curious George, and read Goodnight Moon.
Actually, he flipped through the pages after I read it twice and (I'm assuming) attempted to read it back to me. And then I melted into a puddle of mommy goo.
I'm treasuring his shaggy hair, his chubby cheeks, and his baby squeals.
Everything else can wait.
I'd much rather have memories full of cuddles and smiles and moments.
Much more so than looking back and remembering dishes and laundry.
So here's to 2011.
It's gonna be a good year.
We celebrated first holidays with our little guy.
We enjoyed dinners and farmer's markets and lunches and pumpkin carvings and bonfires and parties and high school reunions with friends.
We welcomed new members and miracles into our family,
while being blessed to see current ones come home.
We made new friends.
We celebrated our baby's first year of life with loved ones.
We took trips with family and discovered the joys of traveling with a baby.
My baby sister turned into a teenager.
My granddaddy turned eighty.
And in this last decade?
I graduated high school.
I found love.
I made new friends and lost a few.
I worried and stressed.
I said goodbye.
Change happened, and it was okay.
I grew.
I realized how much I'm actually capable of. Who I am and where I stand.
I gained some experience.
I got a degree, dated, worked, got married, bought a house, travelled, had a baby, became a full-time SAHM, and I don't regret not one single minute of it.
If anything?
I would tell my 17/18 year old self not to worry so much about the future. It all turns out just fine.
I'm so incredibly blessed.
I have a husband who is madly in love with me.
I have a happy, giggly, busy boy who loves his momma.
I still have my first baby, Dodger and his brother Flash who make me laugh daily.
As for the New Year?
I don't like to make resolutions.
I have a hard time keeping them.
But I do have some goals. And if I don't make them, oh well.
But I actually have a resolution this year...
to enjoy the present.
I tend to keep looking towards what's next... even if it's just laundry or bath time or dinner. I realize that before I know it, my little guy will be 18 and off to college. Or something like that.
My baby is only a baby once.
So I'm treasuring it.
Tonight, I rang in the New Year with my little boy.
We ate ice cream, watched Curious George, and read Goodnight Moon.
Actually, he flipped through the pages after I read it twice and (I'm assuming) attempted to read it back to me. And then I melted into a puddle of mommy goo.
I'm treasuring his shaggy hair, his chubby cheeks, and his baby squeals.
Everything else can wait.
I'd much rather have memories full of cuddles and smiles and moments.
Much more so than looking back and remembering dishes and laundry.
So here's to 2011.
It's gonna be a good year.
We started this year off with a seriously chunky monkey.
And we're ending it with a sweet, happy toddler.
(who is still hangin on to a few of those rolls, thank goodness. I just love them too much.)

Happy New Year!!

1 comment:
Beautiful Hailey!!! Here's to 2011!!!
Post a Comment