Our sleeping schedule is so weird.
Last night, I obviously didn't get to bed until about 12:30. I'm not the kind that can hit the pillow and zonk out. It takes me a good 20-30 minutes to fall asleep.
Brad had to go to work early this morning... and when I say "early", I do mean early. So as I'm finally dozing off, Brad's alarm starts blaring (yes, at 1am). He hits the snooze... which means 10 minutes later, as I'm falling asleep again, I hear that awful noise.
He gets up and gets ready for work, which of course, makes some noise.
He kisses me goodbye, and then I hear rummaging in the garage. I go downstairs and ask him what the heck he's doing. "Looking for my golf clubs". He was going golfing this morning after work with some buddies.
I tell him goodnight again and hear him drive off. And then my mind starts worrying. It's New Years Eve at 2am and the probability of drunk drivers being out is pretty high. So I spend the next half hour praying for the Lord to keep my husband safe and away from any stupid idiots out there.
He's fine. But I didn't fall asleep till way too late.
Noah crashed 15 minutes before midnight. Poor baby. He almost made it.
And then he woke up at 9am. Sure, I got enough sleep to function. But I'm still draggin'. I've been spoiled the last few months, I guess.
***
It's unseasonably warm today (60-ish), so I thought it'd be fun to try out a new park. There's one not too far from our house that's supposedly designed like a castle with cool stuff to entertain kids. I also figured it's an easy way for Noah to wear himself out with minimal effort on my part. Lazy? Probably. Effective? You bet.
All was going great. I found it with no problems. I pull into the parking lot, look back at Noah, and he is passed out. Totally gone.
I smile and turn right back around.
We get home, and I try as delicately as possible to get him out of his car seat without waking him.
Didn't quite work. Put him in his bed, and after 5 minutes, he proceeds to start squealing and bouncing. He has since refused to take a nap.
I hate it when that happens.
His whole schedule gets thrown off, and it's a pain.
***
I saw a guy texting while driving today.
Both hands clutching the phone on top of the steering wheel as he's scootin on down the road.
***
I went to the mall the other day. My dad gave me an Ann Taylor gift card for my birthday (back in October), and I've been waiting to use it. Because at this particular mall? Ann Taylor Loft Outlet. Score! I was in desperate need of some new jeans.
Found some cute trouser jeans that I'm in love with now. For the last couple of years (you know... the ones where I was pregnant, then hanging on to preggo chub), I haven't fit into my normal size. It got me really down. Every few weeks, I'd go into my closet, pull out my favorite pants and try them on... only to be disheartened when they wouldn't even go up past my thighs. How depressing is that?
Brad bought me a scale for Christmas (and felt bad when he realized it was one of the "Top 10 Worst Gifts"), and I finally was brave enough to see where I stood. Turns out, I lost some weight. But I figured it wasn't enough to enjoy going into a fitting room quite yet.
But I needed jeans. So I went.
Get this... I had to ask for a smaller size.
I think AT tends to run bigger (at least compared to places like American Eagle whose target audience are teenage girls with no behind)... but who cares?! It was the first time in ages I've shopped and actually enjoyed it.
***
I just realized you could sum up this post as I'm tired because my kid slept 9 hours straight instead of 10 and I'm getting skinnier.
I think I just annoyed myself.
2 comments:
Yay for the new jeans! I have jeans in 3 different sizes. I finally threw out the super small oens. I'm never going to fit in them again. Oh well. Happy for you!! :-) Love your new blog look too!!
Yay for the smaller jean size!!! So glad you enjoyed shopping!!
Post a Comment