Tuesday, February 8, 2011

18 Months

Superbowl Sunday, my little man turned a year and a half.
18 months.
18 months of chubby cheeked, sweet smelling, happy faced, strawberry blond, bubbly baby Noah.
I've realized that having kids makes time start moving faster. Or at least make you more aware of it.
Before? Every day felt (almost) the same.
Now... I want to stick a brick on his head so he'll stop growing so fast.
Because he's TALL.
At 15 months, he was the size of an average two year old. I'm really interested to see where he's falling on the charts now. We go in a couple of weeks for his well check, and I'm actually looking forward to it.


(He refuses to smile for the camera anymore. It's driving me crazy. He seriously has the cutest grin ever. What a waste.)

Stuff Noah is up to:
- Climbing up the stairs and getting stuck.
He's a very cautious little guy and can't figure out a safe way to go back down yet. But it hasn't stopped him from climbing up to the top, sitting, and chatting to himself. We've also made up a game where he sits on the landing, tosses a (soft) ball down the stairs, and we toss it back up to him.
He likes watching it bounce down the stairs.
- Signing.
He's getting much better at it. He signs "mama", "daddy", and "bye bye" while saying the words. It melts my heart every time. My mom is a Sign Language Interpreter, so I grew up signing. I also took ASL in college as my foreign language. I know, I'm so cool. Everyone wants to be like me. ;)
We have a lot of deaf friends, and it's always been dear to my heart.  So to see my baby boy recognizing and signing "Mama" to me? Puddle of mommy goo.
- Eating like a horse... still.
I guess this contributes to the growth, huh?
His favorites: bananas (asks for them constantly), toast with jelly, PB&J, purple grapes (still diced up, he scares me when he eat them), peas, lima beans, Annie's bunny crackers, Annie's pasta shells with white cheddar (he loves sticking his finger in them and eating them off his little fingers), apples, yogurt, raisins, blueberries, canteloupe, muffins, and sometimes grilled cheese sandwiches.
He begins eating from the time he gets up to about an hour before he goes to bed.
I have a 2 ft tall (guessing?) teenage boy.
- Walks.
He loves walking around, watching cars go by, listening to birds.
- Music.
We have a future drummer.
- Obeying.
I know it's probably still early, but I'm seriously counting my blessings.
He doesn't really push us. If he starts testing limits, usually all we have to say is, "Noah, no-no..." and he stops. As in, immediately walks away from whatever stunt he was trying to pull.
Praying all my kids end up like this!
- Books.
We read constantly. If we're not reading, he'll find his favorite books and flip through them himself. I can't tell you how many times I'll be folding laundry, doing dishes, whatever... and I'll walk in to check on him to find him on the floor, staring at the pictures. If it's a counting book, he'll point at the characters and pretend to count them on his own. Cutest. thing. ever.
- Baking.
Anytime he sees me working in the kitchen now, he asks for me to pick him up to see. He loves to help me. Last night, I had cut up some veggies for dinner. He took a piece of raw red potato and started gnawing on it. No worries, I kept that piece out. hehe. But I'm sure it wasn't as tasty as cookie dough.
- Teething.
He officially got all of his molars at 15/16 months and is now working on his canines. I do have to say, he's an excellent teether. He doesn't really complain or fuss too much. Honestly, the only time I know if he's hurting or not is if he messes with his ears. That's it. No crying or runny nose. Nothing.
Like I said, I hope all my babies will be this easy!
(yeah, I know. Better enjoy it with this one while it lasts, huh?)
- "This Little Piggy", "Pat-a-Cake", "Jesus Loves Me", and "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" are all still big favorites. We've started this new game where he walks around me, while I say, "Circle Circle, Round and Round..." and suddenly tickle him randomly. Think Duck Duck Goose but with tickling. So easily entertained. Love it.

So how did we spend his 18 month old milestone?
SUPERBOWL.
(yeah... we're not going to talk about it right now. my husband is still moping.)

We went on a walk before the game festivities started.
The weather was amaaaazing... 60's and clear skies.
We had to take the pups with us. Because everytime we leave them behind? They make us feel like awful parents. They whine and cry at the edge of the yard as if we've totally abandoned them.
I just couldn't have that.
I like all my babies together anyway.

Trouble coming your way...




Mean Pittbull alert...


Stopping to clean a mess someone made.
Want to know what all the fuss is about "Carolina blue skies"?
Well, here it is. Isn't it lovely?

You have no idea how happy this picture makes me... both my babies walking together. I still love Flash to pieces, but Dodger was my puppy. So yeah. Loving this.

And then someone got sleepy.
Fortunately, daddy came along to help this time.

Sorry I've been a little quiet lately.
Lots of stuff going on to keep us pretty busy.
Hope everyone's having a great week!

3 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

His jersey is so cute!! Seriously Rich would love that for Henry. :-) He is a little mopey since Sunday too.

Noah is SO cute. You are so lucky that 1. he is obediant. Keira is always testing our limits and "no"
means nothing to her! She's too young for time-outs. I'm scared.

2. that Noah is a good eater. I'm astounded by all the food he eats!! Keira and Henry are both so picky it scares me.

You have an awesome little man on your hands!

Sassytimes said...

He's so cute! How wonderful that he listens so well. My first is like that....my second, well she's 10 months and already gets time outs. She's sassy. ;)

Our kids are super tall too. Doesn't it make you sad...they look so much older than they are and lose their 'baby' so quickly.

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

that little jersey is awesome.