I'm having a sort of "off" day. Not really myself.
Just annoyed at a lot of things, but not one thing in particular.
It may have something to do with the fact that in the last 5 days, I've seen my husband for maybe like an hour, if you combine all those 15-20 mins together.
His work has been crazy busy lately. The guy above him quit right before a big transition (yeah, thanks for that...). So he's got double the workload and has been coming home really tired. We're talkin' like 12, 13, 14 hour days. So when he is home? He's awake long enough to say hello, eat something, then go to bed.
I get annoyed at the behavior of some people. Nobody in particular. Just a collective annoyance. Closed-mindedness, stubborness, rudeness, vanity, self-righteousness, pride. All those lovely qualities that all make us want to take a sledge hammer to something. One of my friends took it out on her dinner today. Apparently, meat mallets are good therapy. I may have to make a run to Target today.
Or maybe it's the temperature in my house that's throwing me off. It's 82 in here.
Our AC isn't even running. We're supposed to be getting it replaced next week, but that's not helping my mood right now. Thank goodness it's cool enough out to leave windows and doors open.
Oh yeah. And Noah has refused a nap today.
We visited the grandparents earlier (my grandparents, his great-grandparents). His schedule has gotten a lot better, and I was determined to get home before he fell asleep in the car. But no such luck. He slept for about 15 minutes. I tried to transfer him as delicately as possible. But you try being delicate with a 32 lb kid that's the size of your upper body.
Still, usually I can do it. If he wakes up a little, he'll typically fall right back to sleep. An hour later, and he was jumping around in his crib, playing with his teddy bear, and just being goofy. Not the least bit tired anymore. Since then, he's eaten twice, gone on a walk, rode in the wagon, played inside, played outside, looked at books, and watched Curious George. Still going strong. And now he's asking for a banana.
I need my break.
And not to say I'm not completely thankful for everything Brad does for us. It's a total blessing that he works so hard so I can stay home, he helps when he can, and takes us out on his nights off. So I really can't complain. I'm just having one of those days where I'd like to pretend all I have to worry about is me. And what I might have for dinner. And when the next Kenny Chesney concert is. Should I go shopping or stay in and watch Modern Family. Things I did before I was married and a mom. Man that sounds so selfish, doesn't it? But really, everyone needs a "weekend", right? A chance to break away from the normal job and relax. Do something different.
Again, not that I don't adore my family and all, but just a break from the monotony would be nice. You know, just going like an hour or two without having to wipe someone else's rear end?
Anyways. I'm not usually such a whiner. Sorry 'bout that.
So I'll end this on a positive. How's that?
Things I'm HAPPY (insert super big cheesy fake smile here) about today:
- my tulips are blooming
- the wind feels awesome
- I have a really cute kid
- my husband has tomorrow off of work
- growing my own food
- my shorts from last year are way to big on me now
- Modern Family coming on tonight
- bananas.... oh yeah....
8 comments:
I hear ya.....totally understand!
I know what you mean. There are those days where Zach walks in the door and I say "Welcome home! I'm done! Let me know when they're asleep!" So I can only imagine how rough it would be to not have that "out". My mom has a friend that would be waiting in the driveway with her purse on when her husband pulled in from work. :)
Do you have anyone that you could swap babysitting with? I know a girl that pays a babysitter in the middle of the day so that she can go and do whatever she wants. And let me tell you - it would be worth it. And don't feel selfish about it. You have needs too, and right now, they're not being met, simply because of circumstances. Is your mom home in the middle of the day? Or could you have your sister come over and watch him for a few hours one day after school? Any time to just be you is worth MILLIONS. And hopefully things with work will get easier (holy cow, can he get a job someplace else?????). Good luck. Hang in there.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh it sucks not having the husband around huh??? Ya, it seems like when I need him the MOST, his week is CRAZY and I see him for just a bit during the day. It is SOOO hot inside our apt too. It is driving me insane. I seriously can't justify turning on the AC in MAAAAAAARCH???? WHAAAT???? It was 81 inside yesterday and I was like SO grossed out. hahaha I can live through the heat inside (within reason) but Ryan goes crazy and begs to turn on the AC. I caved last night, but turned it off the second I woke up!
I can relate to the busy husband. We go through those spurts here too and it makes life hard. Hang in there!!!
...and 82!?!?! It was 32 here today. :(
Aaahh...nc in spring. No a/c would make me superfoul. Bad.
And I so get the break thing. Being a mom is constant. Complain as.needed, lady...its the prerogative of every mother to gripe sometimes.
OOOF! When you're at Target, get yourself some ice cream, too. OR popsicles. You've earned them. Keep on plugging.
Being at home with a toddler is hard work. I would need a break too!! Hang in there sweetheart.
I'm SO JEALOUS of your weather. It's going to be in the 40's here for the forseeable future. It's cold enough for winter coat and gloves. Wanna trade? :0)
Now, Cranky Hailey is the kind of mom I can identify with! Yes, every mother has those days where they dream fondly of being single and carefree again. If they don't, they are either superhuman or lying :-).
I can totally identify on the husband front, too. ABM's current schedule is opposite to mine. If he didn't have to drive me to work in the morning, I wouldn't speak to him at all Monday through Thursday. As it is, I barely say anything to him on the drive to work because he doesn't like to talk in the mornings. It is rather aggravating to make a decision and have him get upset about it -- if I could have discussed it with him, I might have made a different choice. Stay strong, girl!
Post a Comment