Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Thank yall so so much for all the encouragement from my last post. I had a moment. Actually, my moment really happened when I went for a run, started crying in the middle of a sprint (picture Biggest Loser epiphany-on-the-treadmill scene), and somehow found myself crying on the kitchen floor. All while Brad was completely oblivious (ie. sleeping) upstairs. Anyways, yeah, I threw myself a pity party (fyi, there's been more stuff going on than what I wrote about. nothing too serious, but dramatic enough to leave me desperate for a break from life). BUT... today's much better. Like I said, Brad has today off, and that in itself has been awesome.

Katie over at Loves of Life and her sister Susan both did a Thankful Thursday post today.
And I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon. Because I could use a good dose of gratefulness right now.

Cool Grandparents
My granddaddy made this tractor. He started last year and now that it's finished, he couldn't wait to get Noah on there. After I took pictures, he came up and asked me to show him.
It was pretty cute.



Spring
I know, you're probably wishing I'd just shut up about it already (especially the ones still stuck with snow). But part of the reason I'm so excited is that I've planted stuff and it's growing. And it keeps growing back. I'm officially a successful gardener. This is seriously making me so happy.




My husband
I actually woke up this morning with a smile, because of this guy.
Our lawn really really needed to be mowed. It was bad (you saw the pictures).
This morning, I woke up to the sound of a lawn mower. Our lawn mower.
The one with a dead battery and nobody around to fix it.
And then after that?
He did this:


My garden beds.
I've been begging asking him to make them for weeks now. Mainly because the veggies I started from seeds indoors are really looking for more sun. And I'm tired of looking at them in my kitchen.
They need a permanent home outside. So this sight literally made my morning.

Also?

This little guy.


We caught a rare moment of him sitting still and laughing. Trust me, it's a very hard thing to capture. Usually, his laughing involves rolling, running, or being upside down somehow.
An even bigger treat was that this was taken at lunch... where we ate as a family. Another rarity lately.
So while last night, I was having myself a nice pity party, today? Today I'm doing lots of smiling and enjoying and soaking up the precious (gone too soon) moments I have with my little family.

Hope everyone's having a fabulous week!
Guess what... it's almost Friday!

1 comment:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Glad you are having a better day. Those garden beds are going to be amazing!! Can we follow their progress?

That picture of Noah giggling is so cute and I love the ones of him on the tractor!

Thank you for your sweet comments on my posts. You made my day. :-)