Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

I have a confession to make.
I kinda slacked off on the picture taking this Easter.
Not because I didn't want those perfect shots of my little guy digging into his basket or happily trotting around picking up eggs... but because I knew those things weren't going to happen this year, despite how much my mommy heart longed for it.
My boy is just not interested yet.
And that's okay... (sorta).
I haven't done his official Easter portraits (done by moi) yet.
But you can get a sneak peek at his Easter outfit.
I decided to go casual this year.
After all, long pants, long-sleeve shirt, tie, and sweater vest would've been considered child abuse Sunday. It was HOT. Gorgeous, not humid, but still hot.

For his basket, I kept it simple.
A little "Story of Jesus" book, a Curious George DVD with bunnies on the front, and a new slinky.
Guess what his favorite was...


We spent the afternoon at my grandparents' house. For those of you who are fairly new around here, my extended family (on my dad's side) gets together about once a month to celebrate holidays and birthdays. We handle meals covered dish style, which makes it easier on everyone. Normally, on Easter, we have a big egg hunt. But the "older kids" (10 and 13) decided they were too cool this year. And next in line is Noah and his younger cousin Easton.
So instead, the afternoon was spent perfectly. With family.

Lounging around on the back patio...



a couple of games of Cornhole...


sweet babies...
Do you not just want to eat his cheeks??


Aunts playing pass-the-baby...


Getting excited for the cousins expecting their own...


Back yard game of wiffleball...


And a little entertainment.


(Sorry, you'll have to stop the music at the bottom...)

We also visited my mom's side and Brad's family. Noah was getting pretty tired and cranky by the end of it all. We stuck him in his car seat around 7pm to head home. As soon as he was buckled, he closed his eyes and went to sleep. Before the car was even started. Poor guy.

Hope everyone had a happy Easter!





2 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I like his Easter outfit!! Very hip! :-)

Henry didn't pay 1 bit of attention to the eggs we "hid". Keira was somewhat interested but she was too young too.

Annie said...

Looks like you all had a great time and I loved his Easter outfit!! I also love the "pass the baby" game!!! Hehe!!