Saturday, April 16, 2011

a happy post.

*Update: It's been two days and no roach sightings. Thank the Lord. Brad has been so darn traumatized over the whole thing. He didn't sleep any the other night, then only slept for two hours last night. He finally crashed around lunchtime today, so I'm glad he's getting some much needed rest. Poor guy.

***

As promised, today I'm focusing on some things that make me happy.
Because I really, really need to do that after the week we've just had.

1. My loves.
Seeing these two together melts me into a pile of mommy goo.
Just in the last few months, Noah has decided that Daddy is actually pretty cool. While he's still more of a Mama's Boy, he now grins from ear to ear when Brad comes home from work and is constantly walking around saying "Dada, dada..." whether he's around or not.
The other morning, Brad went to get Noah out of his crib.
Normally, Noah likes to get up and get moving. But this particular morning, he needed some extra cuddle time with his daddy. Brad just sat and talked to him, asking what his plans for the day were, what he dreamed about, and all that. Just random chatter, but Noah listened intently to every word.
It was the sweetest thing.



2. Spring
The garden is doing really well so far.
I've already started using some of this stuff to make some killer guacamole.


God's been giving us some awesome artwork lately.
Gorgeous, no?



3. Our Home
While it's given us a run for our money lately (literally), I really do love our home.
It's been fun decorating, planting, and making memories there.
At least when the rest of nature decides to stay out of it.
And see those two beige, furry things? Yeah. They make me happy too.


4. Decorating


5. A clean house.


6. Winding down on a Saturday, after a hectic week.
A new puzzle (feel free to call me a nerd), a fresh cookie from a batch Noah and I made this morning during the storm, and a favorite drink. And no, I didn't hide any alcohol in it. Although, after this week, you'd think I would have. (totally kidding. I don't drink)


How's your Saturday going??
Another happy post tomorrow.
Hope you're enjoying the weekend!

5 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Your house looks so gorgeous and bright! Hard to believe you had roaches in there :)

Elizabeth said...

Love your home...it's so pretty! And the guacamole?? YUM! I so want a garden!

http://lizabethmthomas-elizabeth.blogspot.com

the workaholic momma said...

Stopping by from SMS - Puzzles are soo relaxing...and a cookie and clean house to go with it - sounds like the perfect Saturday afternoon! Hope you guys had a great one:)

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Coming from SMS--such a sweet pic of the two boys!

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures of your boys! And so glad those roaches are gone!!!