Sunday, April 17, 2011

Noah

I haven't dedicated a whole blog solely to Noah in awhile.
I guess that's what happens after they turn a year old. Suddenly, the monthly updates decline and because they're not all teeny-tiny and squishy, people just aren't as interested anymore.

But you know what? I think he's just too ridiculously cute.


And let's face it, the boy's still got some extra baby cushion left.
At 20 months, Noah weighs 33 lbs.

He wears a 7.5 XW shoe.
This makes shoe shopping pretty hard (and expensive) for him.
I haven't taken any measurements lately, but he's tall.
People have a hard time believing he's not 2 yet, just because of his height.
The majority of people still think that he looks the most like Brad. The one trait we're pretty sure he inherited from me though is his skin tone. I'm really fair, and despite the fact that Brad's super white and covered in freckles, he's still darker than me.

The boy loooooves to be outside.

     

  I feel so bad when he walks up to me at night, after his bath, and hands me his shoes, wanting to go back out. He's getting much busier these days. Less content to just hang out at home and relax. He now wants to go do stuff.

    


Noah is still pretty dependant. Not much of the "ME DO" stuff going on yet.
But every once in awhile, he surprises us and tries something completely on his own.
Like climbing on the playground by himself or shooting down the slide without mommy there to catch him.

  

Also? The boy is obsessed with dirt.
Mulch, mud, grass, potting soil... all of it is good to him.

  


He's very analytical.
Constantly studying, exploring, and figuring things out.


He's always cracking me up...

(sorry, I couldn't resist...)

He's a quirky little thing.
He likes to spin around until he makes himself dizzy and can't walk straight.
He runs in place next to the oven, because it makes a fun noise.
And he thinks it's hysterical when we copy him.

He's getting more social, recognizing family members and smiling when he sees them.
He's an absolute angel in the store. He doesn't squirm or whine much.

And while we're on that...
We've hit that stage. The stage of the fake cry. The whine. And while it's not my most favorite sound he's ever made, the face he makes while trying to be pitiful is just so darn funny,
we can't help but giggle everytime he starts it.
(oh, and fyi, we're not giving into it (mostly). just to make sure he knows he needs to speak or sign and not whine).


The talking is still minimal.
He says a few words, and he's very proud of himself when he says them.
Quick List:
A-BA - airplane
Nana - banana
Mama and Dada
Uh-oh
Bye Bye (with an accompanying wave every time)

And yeah. That's pretty much it.
While he doesn't pronounce much, he's definitely trying to communicate.
He knows the inflections of certain words or phrases we use.
Like when I say, "All through?" He reponds with., "Uh uuuuhhh" (as if to say "all through!")
Which is tricky, because it sounds similar to uh-oh.
Anyways, I'm not too stressed about it.
We'll get there eventually.

Favorite activities:
Baking
(he now drags his chair to the counter when he wants to make cookies)
Reading
Playing with his toys
Watching Curious George
Going for walks
Playing in the dirt
Going to the park

Favorite Foods:
Annie's crackers
lima beans
peas
brown sugar (when we bake... you should see it, it's a mess!)
PB&J
red grapes
apples
bananas
grilled cheese
yogurt
blueberries
tortilla chips
And basically, anything his daddy is eating.
Because if his daddy eats it? it must taste good.

His daddy is completely wrapped around his little finger.


We're head-over-heels for this little guy.
Can you blame us?


***

Sunday Snapshot

5 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Bahaha. The buttcrack? I die. And our babies all deserve their own posts :) You're a good momma.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Can't blame you one bit!! I'm in love with him too and I've never met him. :-)

He's adorable. And I'm so glad you aren't stressing about the talking thing. It will come!! He's doing awesome and you are a wonderful mommy.

Big kids are the best! Keira is huge too. :-)

Megan said...

I came to your blog from Kelle Hampton and just wanted to say hi :)

Your little Noah is so handsome! He sounds like he's all boy....and a big fan of the outdoors!

Also, I have a great giveaway on my blog today if you'd like to come check it out!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Thanks for the compliments on the hair. ;-)

Dominick's is a grocery store chain. They are everywhere in Chicago! All our grocery stores have some kind of car carts for kids but nothing like this Disney one!!

Charbelle said...

Oh my goodness he's growing too fast. What a wonderful wonderful post!!! You know his name will be on the invitation too, provided you send me your address :)
I have been reading all your posts and keeping up I'm just lousy at commenting these days.
Hugs!!!