Sorry for the silence on this side of the blogosphere this week.
I guess I needed a tiny break. It wasn't intentional. I just got all busy with family and house stuff.
A couple of days ago, my little sister came over to dye Easter eggs with us and sleep over.
I love it when she comes over. She's fun to hang out with and it's nice having another person around that can actually communicate in some other form than points and grunts and whines. Anywho...
We attempted the egg dyeing this year with Noah, hoping he'd be somewhat interested.
Here's the thing...
Little man isn't artsy.
He's not interested in coloring, painting, sidewalk chalk... nuthin'.
And between you and me, I'm a little bummed.
I enjoy artsy things. Give me an art project, and I'm all over it.
(I may have kept coloring after being ditched by the kid a couple of times... maybe...)
The other issue? He's all business.
(you can tell by his face)
He takes what he does seriously, for the most part.
The egg ordeal went pretty well. Except for the fact that my mom sent brown eggs with my sister...
Fyi, they make really ugly Easter eggs.
Noah wasn't quite sure what the heck we were even doing.
He humored us, though.
Then he got bored. And wanted to throw stuff.
Everytime I turned around, he was tossing the egg dippers on the floor.
When I tried to show him the pretty egg? He tried to grab it and chuck it.
Warning: Very unflattering picture of me is next. But it captures the moment.
Also, I swear my teeth are not yellow. I don't know what happened here, but I promise you my teeth do not resemble butter in real life. However, I may be doing a whitening session tonight.
Just because I'm all self-concious now.
And that's what he thinks of that.
So since I wouldn't let him splatter boiled eggs, he decided to test out the crayon.
Gross.
Anyway, the eggs all turned out pretty and in one piece.
Oh, see that cup of red dye?
When I was cleaning everything up, Noah decided to help.
He picked it up and red dye went everywhere.
I was so worried I was going to be stuck with purple floors (which is the color it makes after wiping up with a paper towel... who knew?). Fortunately, my steam mop came to the rescue again. No purple floors.
Happy Easter to me.
Anyways, hope your weekend has been phenomenal thus far.
Everyone have a incredibly happy and blessed Easter!
xoxo.









2 comments:
We didn't even try to dye easter eggs with Audra. She wasn't very interested in the easter egg hunt but the candy was a hit :)
In the pics the eggs look awesome, interesting random fact about the brown eggs.
Hope y'all had a wonderful Easter!!!
Don't apologize for skipping a few blog entries. You won't have anything to write about if you don't take to time to live a little!
As for the artsy thing, give him time. He's not even two yet. He's still figuring out what's good to put in his mouth :-)
Post a Comment