Wednesday, April 6, 2011

lately

So here's some stuff we've been up to lately.
None of it is super exciting, but if you like looking at pictures of a cute kid,
then you're in luck.

***

Baking.
Yes, that's brownie batter I'm letting him lick.
But I'm about to score some major mom points. Ya ready?

He's eating spinach and carrots in that batter. And virtually no sugar.
Sure, to most people, that probably sounds disgusting. But to a kid that doesn't get sugar often?
Makes no difference to him.
Oh gosh, I'm turning into my mother.
(I didn't eat sweets as a kid either)


What? You don't bake in your underwear?


Trips to the Mall.
One of our favorite family outings (especially when it's chilly out) is the mall.
Usually on a weeknight.
There aren't many people, and Noah gets to look at the fountain, eat some frozen yogurt, and
go exploring. Oh, and if you want to know why I'm not in the pictures a lot?
It's because most of the time, when I'm not snapping pictures, I'm doing this:



Reorganizing the Fridge.
Over and over.


Crashing.


Lovin' on some pups.


Yep, my husband actually owns one of those hats.
My Granddaddy has one just like it. Which is actually who inspired him to get one.
Just call him Farmer Brad.
And when he gets on the lawn mower, I can sing "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy".
Except I don't. Because it's not really a tractor.

Walks after dinner.
I promise it looks darker than it really was.


Discovery Place Kids on a whim.
One thing I've discovered while being there.
Nobody wants to have the kid. The pusher, the biter, the whiner, the screamer, the get-out-of-my-way-because-I-want-that-now kid. The problem is that they're ALL that kid, in one form or another.
It's just natural.
So to watch all these moms tiptoe nervously, waiting for their kid to be that kid? It kinda cracks me up. I mean, sure, don't let your kid be mean and rude and all that. But to be all nervous about it is funny to me. Just correct it and move on.
However, if my one year old happens to be playing nicely, and your much older kid comes along, pushes my kid out of the way, and takes over completely? Yeah, don't just stand there and let him.
Because really, it just freaks my kid out.
He doesn't quite get it.

(I have to say though, I'm proud of him. Some older kid tried to come along and take over the tractor. Noah wasn't phased a bit. He just kept right on pretending to drive, with a smile on his face. He wasn't giving up his turn on the tractor, especially after having to wait for it. If that were me as a kid? I would've given it over immediately. He's got enough of his daddy's genes to help him survive life. :) It also helps when you're just as strong as a 4 year old.)

Ok, on with the pictures...



This next one looks like he's trying to avoid the mamarazzi.
He's actually fascinated that this car has no real window.


How about a little game of Twister?



It's so much more fun when you don't know your colors yet.


We're reeeal serious about tractor drivin' round these here parts.


And that's all I got.
Told ya. Nothing too thrilling. Just regular life with a toddler.

Oh I guess I do have something.
I got a call from the place yesterday as we were pulling in the driveway.
The nice lady informed me that someone turned in my (*ahem* the husband's) debit card. They had found it in the parking deck. All I have to say is that there are still really good people left in this world.
Not that they would've gotten much out of us if they had tried stealing.
Maybe a couple of Big Macs. Clearly not worth the trouble.
Still, I thanked her over and over and asked her to thank whoever turned it in for me.
They locked it away in a safe, and I was able to pick it up today.

And that's what we've been up to.

3 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

That's sneaky of you to put veggies in that batter. :-) I should try that. I got sweets growing up but only stuff my mother made from scratch. She also made bread and granola. She was a real hippie. haha

Henry loves the mall too. We went when we were in Phoenix!

My kids also love to take stuff in and out of the fridge. Drives me nuts! You're a good mama.

Cara S. said...

Aww what a life. His eyes are so blue!! I love them. Oh and the walks after dinner are my favorite too!!

Megan said...

Your little Noah is so cute! Loved the pictures you took! I always like taking my kiddo to the mall too, to walk around tire them out when it's too cold to play outside :)

You should totally share the spinach brownie recipe!!