Tuesday, April 12, 2011

random tidbits about moi.

Yep, got nuthin' else to blog about. So you're stuck with useless info about me. Maybe I'll do a series. Me first, then Brad, then Noah. Sound fun? Everyone excited? K, great.

So here we go...

- I love anything sweet. I'd much rather have a big honkin' piece of chocolate cheesecake than steak and potatoes. Or whatever most people like to eat.

- I'm so not a city girl. I like trees and grass and flowers and birds. I need green. The city makes me all depressed and claustrophobic. I don't mind visiting every once in awhile, but for the most part, I'm happy where we are. I grew up wearing overalls, riding my family's tractors, and had a reeeally thick Southern accent (which has since faded a little... probably a good thing). However, this doesn't mean I want to live in the boonies. I need to have a Target within 20 minutes from me. It's required for my sanity.

- I made my dad give up hunting when I was little. I grew up with deer heads and ducks mounted on our walls. Then I saw Bambi, and it made me really sad to think my daddy was out killing somebody's mommy. So he quit.

- I grew up in a very, very small private Christian school (about 180 students). It was directly linked with the church my family went to, so it was an obvious choice. It had its moments. But overall? I loved it. I ended up with more Biblical knowledge at the age of 12 than most adults I encounter now. Which I swear is not me being all high-on-my-horse or anything. I certainly don't think I'm any better of  a Christian than anyone else. It's not a competition. We continue to learn and struggle and grow thoughout life. At any rate, I loved my experience there. I had one massive family, and to this day, I'm good friends with the same people I went to school with in preschool. Incidentally, this is how I know several of my bloggy buddies. :)

- I can't snap my fingers. I don't know why my fingers don't work right. They just don't.

- I'm a total goody-goody. Brad has always been Mr. Spontaneous, and every single time he wanted to do something crazy when we were younger, the first words out of my mouth were always, "I don't wanna get in trouble..."

- My high school/college celeb crushes were Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp, Josh Hartnett, and Brad Pitt. I actually cried when Heath died. So sad.

- When I was born, a certain muscle was torn in my right eye. So when I look up, one eye will go up and the other won't. Always a super hot quality in a girl.

- I will forever be known to my childhood buds as "the girl who couldn't eat sweets". Not just sweets, but junk food in general. I wasn't allowed to have candy, cookies, soda, sweet tea... none of it. My mom made my baby food, was a BF nazi, and tried her hardest to feed me organically (which wasn't as easy back then). And my mom had to hear some serious criticizing. People told her she was depriving me, that a piece of candy wasn't going to hurt me. That she was being mean by not letting me have soda. Well, as an adult, I gotta say, I'm pretty grateful she didn't give in to the pressure. Because I've never had a cavity, I've never been obese, and to this day, I don't really like soda. Sweets on the other hand? Yeah, that might've backfired on her just a little. I'm all about some chocolate.

- I was in college the first time I saw a rated R movie. And it was terrible (Vanilla Sky... snooze).

- I hate cleaning the shower. The tub, I'm fine with. But the shower? Hate it. I mean, there's no good way to clean it. No matter what, you're going to get soaked. So I have to resort to cleaning while showering. And then it smells like cleaner in there, and I want to pass out from the fumes.

- My favorite candy is a KitKat. After that, it's dark chocolate. And a dark chocolate KitKat? Mmmm...

- One day I will own a horse. But I won't board it or pay someone else to take care of it. It will live on my property, and we will be best friends. Like Flicka. Or Seabiscuit.

And there ya go.
Pretty useless info that didn't better your life in any way. But at least it gave you something to read, right?

2 comments:

Dani In NC said...

Johnny Depp must be some sort of alien life form. He has been around long enough for ME to think he was hot, and I'm a good bit older than you. Also, my 18-year-old likes him, too. If he is still around for my granddaughters to crush on, then we will know he is an alien!

Jess said...

You have a nice Southern accent. Its all melodic and stuff.

And my mom was the same way. She used to make us put Lecithin and Acidophilous (probiotics) in our applesauce. Now? Chocolate and I are best friends.

I like random snippets about people.