I think I've mentioned this before (maybe not?), but I have the priveledge of helping lead my little sister's Bible study with some of her friends. The group consists of about 7-10 girls, all newly teenagers. These girls are so stinkin adorable. They're all so different, but have so much in common. A few are homeschooled, a few go to school with Madison, one is my niece (Madison's bff), one went to elementary school with her, and one is completely new to all of us (tagged along with a friend). We meet every other Friday night at my parents' house (in the mancave, actually), go over fundraising ideas (currently, raising $$ for Japan, donating teddy bears to children who've been victims of domestic violence, and eventually volunteering with different organizations... I know, aren't these kids amazing??). Anyway, it's been so fun getting to know them all, and also to be so involved in at least one major part of my little sister's life.
She's such a sweetie, and I'm so proud of her.
(sidenote: none of them really wanted their picture taken, but I made them anyway. they'll thank me later. and my little sister has officially started wearing makeup... but only on the weekends. yeah, I dunno. that's her own made up rule. lol)
Seriously, I wish I'd looked this well put-together at her age.
Can you see her makeup? :)
Once that was all done, I had these two handsome men waiting to take me out.
Fyi, this was my husband's idea.
How cute are they?
Y'all saw yesterday's happenings already.
And if you didn't? Trust me, you didn't miss much.
(also, this next part might just be equally as boring. I'll try to make it interesting.)
Today was my family reunion on my mom's side.
Useless fact: My first name (Hailey) is actually a last name. So this was the Hailey family reunion.
Yep, gets a tad confusing when you think people are constantly calling you.
I may be a tad bias, but my family is pretty fun. Sure, you've got your token older white-headed ladies who you don't remember ever seeing before, but somehow they've known you since birth. But for the most part, I know everyone. And they're all a blast to be around.
(example of fun-ness: my MamMaw spent the majority of her 70's visiting her sisters at the beach, keeping a pair of cowgirl boots in her trunk, and dancing with young college guys at clubs).
It just so happened that one of my aunts is celebrating her 70th birthday in about a week.
So we all surprised her with a cake and singing.
My cousin David with his little baby girl. Every time I saw her today, she had this pouty look on her face. Just a ho-hum kinda thing goin' on. But as soon as she saw the camera? She knew exactly what to do.
My stepdad and little sis.
No, that's not his real smile, and yes, he made that face on purpose.
Noah had a good time, I think.
He played in the gym...
Hung out with his favorite aunt...
Met a couple of relatives...
(insert random white-headed lady I don't know)
Until he'd had about as much fun as he could stand.
He doesn't say a whole lot.
But boy, when he's ready to go? He's all,
"Byebyebyebyebye!"
After we left the reunion, we decided to go 8 minutes down the road to a certain park I'd been wanting to take Noah to for awhile now. The kid loves airplanes. Anytime he hears one, inside or out, he immediately stops, listens, and then proudly announces, "A-BA!" (translation: airplane).
They have this lookout place at the back of Charlotte-Douglas airport, where you can watch planes take off.
It's always been there, but they eventually turned it into a public park type place.
Noah loved it!
I would've gotten a better picure of one of the planes taking off, but the battery in my camera died.
Oh well.
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!
xoxo.
















1 comment:
Really cute pictures of your 2 boys! You had a busy weekend. Family get-to-gethers are the best!
Post a Comment