Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bridal Shower Fun

So I promise I haven't been doing a big blog boycott this week. Our internet went down. Very annoying. But it's all fixed now, and the posts can resume as normal. Yay!

*******

Yesterday was my friend Lori's bridal shower.


I'm so thankful I got to be a part of this. Lori's a tough one to get together with (for good reason), so to see her in person is always a treat. You know those people who just exude sweetness and happiness, that you wish you could bottle some of that up and take it home? That's how Lori is.


Everything was beautiful.
A perfect setup for a perfect bride.


(random fact about Lori I learned at the shower? her favorite flower is a hydrangea)

The room was filled with special people.
People I haven't seen in forever... 4th and 5th grade teachers, moms who've known me since birth, and old friends I went to preschool with. The best part? It's always as if time has never gone by between our visits.

(the beautiful lady smack in the middle? Both mine and Lori's 4th grade teacher. Also, fyi to her readers, the gorgeous girl next to Lori is her bff PMG)


Hugs are passed. The latest stories are passed. Something bubbly is passed.


But back to Lori.
She insisted that she didn't need a bridal shower, that between she and her fiance, they had what they needed. She's even hosting a yard sale soon to get rid of some stuff.
That didn't stop anyone though, and I'm glad it didn't.


Because the girl deserves every bit of bride-to-be fun and happiness possible.


And a few extra things to go with it...

(Lori, please don't kill me for posting this one. lol.)

In between the cake and catching up and presents, I did manage to ask how she was doing with it all (work-related stress, moving, wedding preparations, etc). Can I just say that for only getting three hours of sleep last night, she looks pretty darn incredible. Am I right??

Take one. With cake.


Take two. Without cake.


Congrats, Lori!!
Only a few more weeks left until you're a married lady!!


3 comments:

Charbelle said...

This totally made me cry :) I'm so very very glad that you made it!!! It was an amazing day that is for sure!!!

Lisa's Yarns said...

Looks like a beautiful shower - and yes, Lori looked amazing, esp considering she had such little sleep! What a fun shower!!

And that is the perfect description of her. She just exudes sweetness!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

This is so nice! It looked like a really beautiful shower and you both are so pretty in those 2 photos at the end. :-)

I think you both exude sweetness. :-)