Sunday, May 8, 2011

How I Won "Mother of the Year"...

Yep.
Last night, I'm pretty sure I won the Mother of the Year Award.
Brad and Noah took me out to dinner to a favorite pizza place at this local outdoor mall. We sat on the patio, and it was fabulous.
Except it didn't take Noah long to lock his eyes on the fountain, located right in the middle of the shopping center.
They only turn the fountain on in the summer, and I guess someone decided it was warm enough to flip the switch.

After dinner, we took Noah to check it out.
It started out innocently enough.
If he could talk, I have a feeling he would've told us he "just wanted to look".


But all you parents out there? Yeah. You know where this is going, don't you?


So what did I do?
Well, I put my "cool Mom" pants on and let him at it.
Yes, I am proud to say that at 10 o'clock at night, I let my kid go nuts in an outdoor fountain.
Because we're cool like that.


    


    

"Not right now, dad... I'm busy..."


    


"That was FUN, mom"


In case you were worried, we didn't let him ride home in sopping wet clothes.
We had taken his dress shirt off of him earlier, so he went home in that.
But that was after we got him nakey in the car (and dried off with napkins), then ate some ice cream.
Yep. We're awesome. :)

Just gotta say I'm so grateful for this little guy who made me a mommy. He's the funniest, quirkiest, cutest thing. He makes my job so fun. And also, I'm so thankful to my mom and grandmothers who have loved me and been such incredible, godly examples for me. I'm so blessed to have them.

Happy Mother's Day!

(me and my mom)



***

Sunday Snapshot

3 comments:

Charbelle said...

Noah might look a whole whole lot like Brad but that baby picture of you, he's got some of his mommy's looks too!!! Y'all are awesome!!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

That looks like so much fun!! We have all these parks with sprinklers for kids that get turned on in the summer only (obvs). Last year we went to a park and didn't have swimsuits. I didn't know about the sprinklers. We let Henry do the same thing!! :-)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Thanks for both your comments and esp that link!! Is she a friend of yours? She is a genius! I'm totally going to try all that with the doll, stickers, etc. Keira will love all that stuff! Thank you for sharing!