Sunday, May 1, 2011

dates with my boys

Brad had a couple days off of work this week, starting Wednesday.
I actually love the weekday "weekends" he gets. We get to go on dates (even if it includes a pint-sized 3rd wheel) without waiting for a table, worrying about traffic, or dealing with busy malls.
After getting my hair done Thursday, Brad wanted to take us out.
So we went to Brixx. Now normally, their pizza makes me sick.
Not because I think it's gross, but it actually makes me ill. I found this out the hard way when I used to work at the jewelry store next door. Me and my friend/coworker decided to split a pizza, only to be taking turns running to the bathroom the rest of our shift. I guess we were both sensitive to something they use. Obviously.
Anyway, even though I can't eat the pizza, the sandwiches are fine. I got a mushroom and spinach wrap, and oh.my.gosh it was so good. Definitely recommend it.
I'd also like to take this time to say how incredible my kid is at going out. He's never (knock on wood) been the toddler screaming or wanting to run around the place. If he seems to be in one of those way-too-hyper-to-sit-still moods? Then we don't take him. Simple as that. Ok, done bragging.
We sat out on the patio, and it was amazing. Breezy and warm, and Noah enjoyed watching the cars and people pass by. Brixx let us order a side of fruit with just grapes and canteloupe, and he chowed down on the banana we brought along. Noah ate the whole thing. And his dad? Ate a whole pizza.
He's told me everyday since that he's going to start working out the next day.
Glad I'm not holding my breath... ;)



The weather here has been awesome. Lots of sunshine and warm temps. No, we weren't affected by the tornadoes, but it was scary knowing they were so close. We've been putting our patio and picnic table to good use lately.


Yesterday, we picked up our nephew, Kalyb, and headed for the park.
The boys started out throwing a frisbee, but somehow it ended up getting torn apart.


Then they threw a football, but that somehow turned into this...


But we also did some normal park stuff too.
Even though it may have involved Brad using Noah as protection from Kalyb.



And y'all know we can't have an outdoor outing without some sort of dirt being involved.

 
(Look at the concentration on his face. We take dirt very seriously around here)

Hope everyone has had a fabulous weekend!

 

***



Sunday Snapshot
 
 



2 comments:

Dani In NC said...

One mother to another: it is a great relief to have a kid that you can take out in public. I used to joke that M was like one of this tiny dogs that heiresses carry in their purses because you barely knew that she was there at a restaurant. She's the only one who got tested that way. I had the other three in such rapid succession that I barely took them anywhere until they were in grammar school!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Looks like a lovely day with your boys!!

With Henry & Keira it's a crapshoot. Sometimes I take them out and they are angels and other times it a nightmare. And I can't seem to predict it depending on their mood before we leave either.

Enjoy your nice weather!!