Part of the reason I've been quieter in the blogging department lately is because during Noah's nap (my normal blogging time), I've been working out... again. I'm so determined to be skinny and fit again that I'm turning into my old (home) gym rat self. I haven't actually been that way since... uh... college. But still. I'm back.
I've mostly been doing P90x, but this time, I'm going at my own pace. Mainly picking a lot of cardio dvd's. I'm also choosing my own routine. The last couple of days, I've done the Cardio, Arms/Shoulders, and Kempo. Kempo is my favorite. I know I don't come off as a violent person, but throwing some punches is totally cathartic. And ask the boys I grew up with in the neighborhood. I caused a few bruises back then. And since I've been back on it? I can jump higher, move faster, and I'm more flexible.
But oh my goodness gracious is my rear end feeling it. It's a good pain. But still. Everything is sore. And it never fails, on the 3rd day of working out? I feel physically drained. Usually this is when I give in and quit. I take a break for a day and never go back. Not this time though. I'm going to push through this, because I want my bikini bod back. And that's worth it to me. Instead of totally wiping myself out with more cardio, though, I plan on doing some strength stuff today.
As for the diet, that's also been a big issue for me. I've never had to worry about what I eat before. I've always been able to eat whatever, and just work out a little to lose. But something about getting older, having a baby, and eating junk that kills a metabolism. Oops.
So I'm watching what I eat a little more. If we're going out, I specifically ask for a place that has low-cal options. If it doesn't, I look up their nutrition info before we leave. My biggest issue is sweets... ice cream and chocolate, really. I don't believe in depriving myself. So instead of downing a gallon of chocolate fudge brownie ice cream, I get those little 40 calorie chocolate popsicles. Now, I'm normally a stickler for eating only natural. But in the name of losing weight, I'm letting this slide. And it's not like I'm eating half the box in a day anyway. Noah still likes to bake cookies, so I'm learning to limit myself to one cookie... not three.
It's really not that hard. It just takes some self-control and most importantly, not letting myself get talked into eating crap by my husband. He's the worst moral supporter ever when it comes to me getting back in shape. Because, see, he can lose weight without any effort. He came home from work yesterday and had lost four pounds. In a day. Ridiculous. And so not fair. So when he wants to eat out, I put a lot of effort into figuring out what to eat that won't negate all my hard work. There's nothing worse than exercising and sweating like crazy and then turning around and eating junk, making it totally useless. Yeah, not happening anymore.
Unfortunately, when you put all your focus on one thing, something else invariably has to give. In this case, it's been blogging. And laundry. Before I was even aware, somehow we were able to pile up a week's worth of dirty clothes. So we may be runnig around either in dirty clothes or completely nakey. But at least I'll look good, right??
(totally kidding. neighbors, please don't call the cops. I did laundry yesterday and today...)
***
On a completely unrelated note, I have a massive favor to ask of all my praying friends. My great aunt found out she has brain cancer. It's devastated all of us, especially her son who has had a rough time in general lately. The doctors say there's not enough time for chemo or surgery. So I'm asking for all my friends to hit their knees in prayer. Ultimately, His will will be done, but I'm a big believer in miracles. I've seen plenty happen, some right before my eyes. So if you don't mind, would you say a prayer for her? And for her two children and her sisters (my grandmother being one of them). I really, really appreciate it.
1 comment:
Good for you! I have just started working out during nap time too. And of course, my heiney hurts too. The things we do
I have been looking into the P90x but don't know anyone else who has done it that is not crazy hardcore. I would love to know more about what you like and don't like about it.
And as far as your Aunt... consider it done. Prayers have been sent.
Post a Comment