Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pregnancy Weight

Warning: Reader discretion is advised. This post may contain content that could possibly result in snickering, pointing, gagging, or hiding in horror.


I've always been small. Small framed, small weight, small everything... including areas I wished I wasn't so small in. Before getting pregnant, the heaviest I ever weighed was 125. And I was unhappy with it. I'd like to smack my pre-pregnant self right about now. Anyone care to join me?

The first stages of my pregnancy weren't quite like my other friends. While they were all busy hugging toilets, I was starving. All I could think about was food and when can I eat again. My hubby would crack up, because we'd be hanging out and every hour, I'd say in a small, slightly embarassed tone, "I'm hungry..." From what I gather, most ladies don't gain much in their first trimester, simply because they don't feel like eating anything. For me, I never got morning sickness. But the idea of eating certain foods made me a little queasy. Those foods? Fruits and veggies. Go figure. I was starving, but the thought of those healthy options made me want to gag. So for the first 8-12 weeks, bread was my BFF.

And then the cravings hit.

Read the rest here

*If you're wondering how I'm even connected, I met the creator of the blog over 8(ish?) years ago, became friends, she moved, we lost touch, reconnected through FB and blogger, and wahlah! Oh, and I used to work with her sis-in-law.

1 comment:

Jessica and Jimmy said...

Thanks for the story!!! I loved reading it.