Thursday, June 9, 2011

because I couldn't put this with RyRy's post.

Forgive me for having a bajillion posts today.
But there was no way I was going to put this with my little, sweet nephew's birthday message.
It would kind of kill the specialness.

But alas, I cannot not recognize this man's birthday.

My husband and I have an understanding.
Or maybe I have an understanding, and he just has tolerance?
Either way, the guy knows what to expect when we watch a Johnny Depp movie.
My eyes glaze over, and there's a lot of drooling sighing going on.
To be fair, my love for Johnny happened way before Brad and I ever started dating.
And that, my friends, is how I justify my behavior.
Unfortunately (er... fortunately, I mean... I think...), Johnny has a good 20 year lead on my age, which means when I had braces, he was having kids with his supermodel girlfriend.
Sigh.
Oops... I mean... I love you, Brad!

So yeah. Today is Johnny Depp's birthday.
He's 48.
Seriously, 48 and still this good looking?
I think I'll celebrate and stare at his prettiness. Not the least bit creepy, right?
The first movie I ever saw him in, and I was in love.
I have a thing for quirky, I guess.
Benny and Joon



Yep, he's just too pretty for his own good.

Random JD Facts:
from People.com
  1. Johnny Depp dared What's Eating Gilbert Grape costar Leonardo DiCaprio to sniff a rancid pickled egg and paid DiCaprio $500 when he did.
  2. When he co-owned the Viper Room in L.A., Johnny Depp was known to hand out 50- and 100-dollar bills to the homeless huddled on the sidewalk near the club.
  3. In 1993, while filming Arizona Dream with Faye Dunaway, Johnny Depp learned she wanted to jump on a trampoline. During a break in shooting, he and a friend drove 80 miles to a sporting goods store and brought one back to the set.
  4. Asked the origin of his last name by James Lipton on Inside the Actors Studio, Johnny Depp said it means "idiot" in German.
There was a fifth that's pretty funny, but I didn't post it... this is a family blog, after all.

***
Fyi, it's also Michael J Fox's birthday. Which, another random tidbit about me, just so happens, he was my first ever celebrity crush when I was really little. I watched him on Family Ties. Also, it's Natalie Portman's birthday, but I never had a crush on her. :) However, my brother does!

2 comments:

team cowan said...

Johnny Depp was my first real live crush. I had a bookmark with a picture of him from 21 Jumpstreet. He has aged quite well. Just the other night Zach and I watched The Tourist. I didn't think it was a good movie for someone who loves Johnny Depp, however I did think it was a good movie. He's just kind of dopey in it.
Also, I have a huge girl crush on Natalie Portman. :)

The Tiny Team said...

Hurray for 80's party! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Post pics as soon as you can!

xo,
Amy