Yesterday, I had the priveledge of seeing my friend, Lori, get married.
It was held at our old church (and school) where we grew up.
In true Lori fashion, I did a little reflecting of my own today and realized that I had witnessed Lori's 8th grade graduation (if you want to call it that?) in the same exact spot where she got married.
When she was in 8th grade, I was in 4th grade (I think?). We obviously weren't super close back then, given the fact that most middle school girls don't hang out with 4th graders. But I remember the day they had their "last chapel", and I remember all of the parents and teachers crying and her class singing Amy Grant's "I Will Remember You" (correct me if I've got it wrong, L).
After she left for her new high school, I only saw her and her family at church. I remember touring colleges when I was a sophmore (with my class), and her bff PMG was our guide for their college. PMG mentioned that Lori went there and that they were still the best of friends.
Anyway, all these years later, we're now friends and keeping up with eachother's lives.
I'm so happy I got to see her get married.
For my friends who don't follow Lori's blog, I should also probably mention that this whole big wedding ordeal wasn't quite her thing. She would've been just as happy going to a courthouse or eloping or something. But her mom really wanted to have a proper wedding. So that's what they did.
And while her mom mostly planned it all, it actually really did have Lori written all over it.
The flower arrangements were beautiful, done in her favorite colors. I hate I didn't get a better picture of them, and I also hate I didn't fight for a better seat a few rows up. Oh well.
My favorite part of the whole thing?
While her blog made us all think her mom was totally making her do everything her way... in the end?
Lori made it her own.
As soon as her dad handed her over to Mr Clean, they gave eachother a quick hello kiss.
And OMG, I bit my lip and waited to hear all the older ladies in the congregation hit the floor fainting.
While I wanted to stand up and applaud her for still being herself and making this her day in her own way, I also wanted so bad to turn around and see the faces. I bet they were priceless.
It was so obvious how insanely in love these two are.
They also wrote their own vows, which is always a fun touch in weddings.
Especially when they're heartfelt and classy and incredibly sweet.
Then they were announced husband and wife, and the pastor told Mr Clean, "NOW you may kiss your bride" and smiled. Very cute.
After the ceremony, instead of walking out and avoiding everyone until the reception, Lori and Mr Clean hugged and greeted each person as they exited the aisle.
Her dress was amazing, and she had that whole bridal glow the whole time.
Here you can see the front of the dress a little better.
Gorgeous, right?
And here's sort of a side/back view...
I couldn't stay long for the reception, unfortunately. I had Noah with me, and he was getting a little restless and ready for a nap. However, he did stay in the nursery and was perfectly happy and wonderful. But I grew up with the girl who watched them (who is a nanny), and she's precious. So no worries there.
Anyways, like I said, I couldn't stay too long.
But I did get a couple of bites of some "Melba cake" (only the most ridiculously delicious cake you've ever tasted) before we left.
Isn't it pretty??
And a quick shot of the happy couple before we left.
You'll have to forgive the blurriness and noise.
The lighting wasn't too good for pictures, and I had a toddler. :)
Congrats Lori (and Mr Clean too)!!
Looking foward to hearing all about the wedding from your perspective (and also the honeymoon)!!











3 comments:
I'm so happy you attended her wedding! Lori looked GORGEOUS and Mr. Clean is so handsome!! They really do look in love. It makes me so happy to see these pictures. Thank you for sharing them!!
Oh! So beautiful!! She looks so happy.*sigh*
Yea! I am so glad you posted a recap - I have been dying to see pictures & hear about the wedding. She looks so over-the-moon-happy, and that makes me so happy! She was definitely a stunning bride!!
Post a Comment