This week has been pretty chill for us.
It may have something to do with the fact that I'm giving up on shopping going places to kill time and keep Noah (and myself) busy. We've been hanging out with some friends, and mostly? Just goofing off around the house. My little sister Madison spent the night with us Wednesday night. She's going through that normal "I'm booooooored" stage that all kids start about this time every summer. The problem is that she's too cool old for things like play places and Vacation Bible School. So to break up the motonony, she likes to hang with us every once in awhile. Which is great for me. I love having an extra set of hands to help me around the house. Fortunately, Brad didn't have to work Wednesday night, so we spent most of our time outside.
The weather has been fabulous.
A little muggy and hot (which is expected), but we haven't reached 100 yet, so I'm not complaining.
And really, my flowers are diggin' it.
Because my flowers are really cool, and I expect them to say cool phrases like "diggin' it".
I'm such a dork.
My little sister is a serious animal lover, especially dogs.
And unlike me, she actually knew what she wanted to do with her life when she was 9. She's going to be a veterinarian and save all of the cute puppies and kitties and hamsters and bunnies. I guess she forgets that people also own less-fuzzy type pets such as snakes and frogs.
So you can imagine her excitement when a certain little guy decided to visit us.
We've since learned his name is Jake.
I prefer Taquito.
Noah's favorite playtime activity (besides dirt) is running.
I don't know where he gets his energy, but ohmygosh, that's all he wants to do.
But hey, it makes him happy.
And it makes it super easy to wear him out.
He loves going across the street to the foreclosed home (I know. they're all over our neighborhood. we're never going to be able to sell our home). He likes having a completely empty driveway to run around in.
In this heat, it doesn't take him long to be completely pooped.
And also to build up an appetite.
Notice the sweaty hair and pink cheeks...
Before I had Noah, I was one crafty girl.
Well, I guess I still am. Having a kid doesn't really change that. But it does change how often you get to do stuff like that. So while Noah (and Brad) were taking naps, Madison and I got out my old stamping stuff and had ourselves a little craft time. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy doing that kind of thing.
My cards:
Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a date with a couple of really handsome guys tonight.
It's Friday!!
Have a great weekend!!
2 comments:
Fun post!!!
We play with chalk for 5 minutes outside and we're pooped!! It's amazing how exhausted you can get!
I thought that might have been your sister I saw at your house, but my eyes are so bad that I wasn't sure if it was her or you :-). I was going to invite her to visit with C1, who is also going through the "It's summer and I'm bored" phase.
Post a Comment